Poll: do you have/need/use rain boots?

1. I have admired some cute ones lately, but am not sure I'd wear them. For sure, it definitely does stink when it rains here in the city though since I have to walk everywhere. Opinions?

2. I have a lovely pair of chocolate brown ones, with Authentic Thermolite and Genuine Zipper Technology, from the auspicious and venerable House of Isotoner-Totes, that I wear when it rains.

It is my considered opinion that some sort of rainboot, whether standalone footwear, as mine are, or something made to be worn over one's shoes, is a very prudent practice for those who do not wish to ruin their shoes, since in so many parts of the world, rain is wet.

3. Rain boots are a must for shopping in downtown Seattle half of the year. I bought these Me Too boots from Nordstrom last night. I love the red. I wish they made a knee-high pair in black in the same style.

[​IMG]

4. ^^^ love those!

5. shoeangel, very nice!

I don't have rainboots but I am not practical. (I used velvet Prada knee boots as snowboots freshmen year in college. Hey, it was my mom's idea! :nuts:) I do love Pucci rainboots though....

What I do is try not to wear my more delicate shoes in the rain. (I have a pair of neutral black satin pumps I destroyed one night when I was pissed at my now-ex; I walked around in the rain for awhile, soaking wet. Those are now my "rain" and "snow" shoes.)

6. I commute to work in NYC every day which involves about 2 miles of walking per day round trip before I even factor in any after work activities. I love, love, love my Pucci rainboots. I was reluctant to buy at first but I don't think that I have ever been happier with a footwear purchase. I have really poor circulation and am prone to frostbite but have found that short of Sorel's (which I have refused to wear ever since I left the backwoods of New Hampshire the day after I graduated from high school, hoping to never see another Sorel or another moose again) nothing keeps my feet as warm and dry as a pair of rainboots coupled with extra-thick Sox in the winter and light-weight Sox in the summer. Warm, dry feet make me SO happy. I am extra happy when my warm dry feet are wearing Pucci since bright colors and patterns always make me smile. I am a kid at heart like that.

7. i have white coach ones that have blue bubbles all over them. and coral and a couple fish. they are really cute and make me happy (and DRY) when it rains:smile:

8. I have a pair of navy pair of Hunter wellies, which are perfect for the Vancouver rain (I attached a pic of Kate wearing them at Glastonbury, although mine don't get that muddy). ;)

nwelly12.jpg

9. My sister has those!

10. I've seen those and almost bought them but I would never wear them. The are very cute.

Do you keep an extra pair of shoes with you and them switch them out? I couldn't see wearing rain boots all day.

11. This is exactly what I've always wondered. I would love to have cute rain boots, but this would DEFINITELY involve carrying my work shoes in a bag!

12. I sometimes carry my work shoes in a bag but since I frequently have dance class after work, my bag is sometimes jammed with dance clothes/shoes and I don't have room for work shoes. I leave a couple pairs of versatile shoes - one pair of black flats and one pair of black heels - in my office for situations like this. Actually I have four or five pairs here now including a pair of comfy slippers for when I work late nights alone and a pair of strappy heeled sandals left from the summer. They just accumulate here. I have LOTS of shoes so keeping a few pairs here works great for me.

13. i wear my nokia hai boots (yes there are nokia boots :lol: nothing to do with phones though) a lot in copenhagen, it keeps raining all the time! my feet will be the driest part of me a lot of the time..

14. I have the pink burberry rain boots and I love them. Not only are they adorable, they also keep my feet dry. I love having rain boots for when it rains out.

15. I have 2 pairs of wellingtons (or gumboots as we call it here), but they're kept at my family's farm where i actually need them. I don't wear them here in Sydney even when it's pissing down buckets of water because they make me feel a bit too over the top... i stick to patent leather shoes or patent leather ankle boots, i like the boots shoeangel got, i think they're lovely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice