Poll: Chanel or LV Wallet?

Which brand of wallet do you prefer?

• Chanel for looks

• Louis Vuitton for durability

Results are only viewable after voting.

pongpongchik

Aug 12, 2009
Hi Guys,

I wanted some opinions to see what people would rather spend their money on: Chanel wallets b/c they are so classy and chic or LV wallets for their durability and everyday use? Please vote! :smile:

I've been using LV wallets for the past 3 years and recently switched to a Chanel. The caviar leather seems pretty durable to me. I'm not very rough on my wallets so caviar will do just fine. If you like throwing your stuff around and REALLY want it to last then I would imagine LV is the way to go.

I have LV wallet.. and it is so durable.. perfect everyday wallet.. but I recently purchased Chanel wallet// :graucho: my Chanel wallet is glazed lambskin.. so it looks durable too. But in the future, I want Lambskin Chanel wallet..I want perfect soft wallet later~~ for its texture..

but I vote for the LV.. is good to have one LV wallet.

I have used and own both LV wallet and Chanel wallets...
So far I have been using 2 Louis Vuitton Wallet and been using 2 Chanel wallets (plus another one that hasn't been used yet).

This is how I experienced and feel...

LV wallet... I use monogram canvas for durability as well as i really like how it age over time... It holds up really well as well as age beautifully.... It lasts ages.... I really mean like ages!!!! And doesn't look worn out or old quite easily... easy to look after and low maintenance... Think about this... when it's in your bag with other stuff, it's almost impossible to avoid contact or scratch from things in ur bag. So I would give LV wallet rating 8.5 - 9 (I only recommend and comment on Canvas only... and not the Damier Azur one as it's easy to get dirty along zip area as it's light ivory fabric).

Chanel wallet (I'm using lamb wallet)...pro: looks expensive, feel so silky cloudy soft, feel luxury......now comes to the cons: easy to get scratch (but u can rub it off if it's not too deep) as u can't avoid contact with other stuff in the bag, and it won't last as long as LV (u knew that), and it doesn't age as beautiful as LV... and it will look worn out sooner compare to a handbag... coz with wallet, you use it all the time...

So , you choose then :P

I actually rotate my wallets, that's why it's not really my big problem... but i don't use my lamb wallet as much as I use my LV wallet.... coz I love to see my wallet/bag in good condition and I will get freak out if it got scratches or crease or whatever.....

Now, it's up to you and your life style then.... Good luck!
ps: today am using LV wallet :P

pongpongchik,
am actually thinking of getting Chanel wallet too! But I agree wth darkchoc5372 on her views of LV wallets - they dun age looking dirty or worn.
I hv been using my 1st LV wallet for the past 5yrs (yes that long but i didnt realise it!) until last month i bought a new one to reward myself. both are the monogram canvas. Very low mainenance. best of all the price was reasonable considering a branded stuff :P

But my eyes/ hands are itching for a Chanel wallet in lamb. However hv been holding bk till now cos of the price and maintenance issue. I dun wan to keep worrying abt my wallet when i already hv so many things to worry about! Hahaha.
So ya its really abt ur lifestyle, u decide!

I love both LV and Chanel but for wallets, I find that LV offers more variety. Which materials are you considering? I've had my LV zippy wallet in epi leather for almost 2 years now with daily usage (I don't rotate wallets - too much of a hassle for me), and there is very minor wear, mostly on the corners when you look closely. I'd rate it 8 over 10 for durability. And they are pretty, too!

It seems like everytime someone posts this survey, LV wallet always wins by a wide margin, LOL.

My vote before and now still goes to LV for durability. Personally, I don't like
Chanel wallets......bags - yes, wallets - no.

I've been coveting the Chanel PNY Wallet for a while now. I know it's been discontinued, but one just popped up for sale on Bonanzle. I really like that style, but I think LV wallets would last me a lifetime. I have an Epi French Purse Wallet in Ivory. And, while I don't use it as often as I want b/c white gets dirty easily, I feel that it wont get scratched by keys in my purse.

I love both LV and Chanel but for wallets, I find that LV offers more variety. Which materials are you considering? I've had my LV zippy wallet in epi leather for almost 2 years now with daily usage (I don't rotate wallets - too much of a hassle for me), and there is very minor wear, mostly on the corners when you look closely. I'd rate it 8 over 10 for durability. And they are pretty, too!

My mom is still using her red lv zippy for almost ten years now. Still looks amazing. I just bought an lv wallet over the summer and love it as an everyday wallet. Highly durable. But I'd love to get my hands on a Chanel wallet!