POLL: Chanel Black Caviar Flap GHW - Buy both Jumbo and M/L ?

POLL: Chanel Black Caviar Flap GHW - Buy both Jumbo and M/L ?

• Yes: Chanel Black Caviar Flap GHW - Buy both Jumbo and M/L.

• No: They are the same bags just different sizes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
ms1234 said:
Hi South Beach! Thank you. Please see my lambskin experience in the above post. Hope it helps. Many people have owned and loved lambskin. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE lambskin, but I am too afraid that I would ruin it even by minimum usage. I cannot take this "lambskin heart attack" any more. Thanks! :smile:

MS 1234 thanks so much for your feedback and I did see your earlier explanation post. I think I need to return my LS . It's been almost 2 weeks and I just can't bring myself to use it - it feels so delicate. Good luck with your poll and do let us know your decision.

ms1234 said:
Thanks ********! Here is my whole "dramatic" story:
- Two Bags: I wanted one classic flap for daytime, and one for evening or special occasion. I do not want to spend on clutches because I feel that classic flaps will hold values in the future.
- Daytime Option: I ordered the Black Caviar Jumbo GHW from a prominent department store (recently). It was so horribly "dull" and "lifeless" that I now reordered this at an original Chanel boutique instead (shiny Caviar). I love this bag as long as the Caviar is deep black and shiny (like the sample Chanel boutiques showed me). Waiting for it to arrive any day.
- Evening Option (Lambskin): I LOVE the Black Lambskin M/L GHW. I bought it and owned it for two days. Just by taking the "gorgeous and pristine" bag in and out of the box, I could see tiny "scratches". OMG! Two Chanel SAs told me that this lambskin would age faster even though it looked beautiful in the beginning. That scared me so much that I could not "babysit" that "super gorgeous" bag any more. :sad:
- Evening Option (Patent): I have seen the Black Patent in real life and I could not handle the finger prints. I got the silvery light beige patent and loved it. But after reading about possible color transfer on light patent, I was too afraid to keep it.
- Love both M/L and Jumbo: I really want to have one M/L for evening. I love the lightness of M/L and that I can carry it as a clutch if I want to in the evening, or I can carry it any way I want. I love the Silver, Gold etc. metallic colors for evening, but after hearing about possible color transfer I am speechless! :sad:
- Now what should I do? Thank you!

I think you have analyzed this quite thoroughly. You must really want both the classic and the jumbo! I say go for it!! I might choose a different hardware on one of the bags because i like my jewelry to match my hardware, but that is my personal preference. Ultimately, you should decide what you want. Everyone else can only give her 2 cents. Good luck!!

Hi Ladies!

Would you buy the following both bags, or do you think they are the same bags and I should not buy both?

- Chanel Black Caviar Flap GHW - Jumbo for daytime.
- Chanel Black Caviar Flap GHW - M/L for evening or special occasion.

I do not want to "babysit" lambskin.
I personally love the GHW than SHW because it is more dressy in my eyes.
I do not want to buy a flap in gold/silver color for evening because I am afraid of color transfer.
I do not like patent.

Thanks in advance!

OP, Here are my toughts:

1) I would buy black lambskin ML/GHW for evening
2) I would buy black caviar jumbo/SHW or GHW for day

I would not buy both bags in the same configuration (caviar and GHW) in both sizes, HTH!:smile: Almost identical opinion as ********.

MS 1234 thanks so much for your feedback and I did see your earlier explanation post. I think I need to return my LS . It's been almost 2 weeks and I just can't bring myself to use it - it feels so delicate. Good luck with your poll and do let us know your decision.

Thanks South Beach. But please keep the lambskin if you love it and if you can handle it with care. I just could not take the delicate handling any more. But it is so beautiful.

I agree with Pursebpop and Martinibeach. These bags are so expensive that variety is key. I would want a different fabrication or at least a different HW color in the m/l or Jumbo. I have two black Jumbos, but one is patent and one is lamb with Bijoux chain so I do feel they are different. Sometimes, though, I have a hard time justifying keeping both, even with the differences.

Have you at all considered a different color in either the Jumbo or m/l as you have rejected lamb and patent as options? It's a very personal decision and you should buy the bags that make you happy, but I would not buy the same fabric and hardware combination in both m/l and Jumbo.

One additional option - have you considered a reissue 226 as an evening bag? It is a perfect day to night size and I own both silver and gold and have had no issues with color transfer. The distressed calf is super durable and low maintenance.

I think you have analyzed this quite thoroughly. You must really want both the classic and the jumbo! I say go for it!! I might choose a different hardware on one of the bags because i like my jewelry to match my hardware, but that is my personal preference. Ultimately, you should decide what you want. Everyone else can only give her 2 cents. Good luck!!

Thank you Lawseenai. Choosing a different hardware is a great idea! I just like the GHW too much and in my eyes, it looks more warm and dressy. OMG ... what a difficult decision! At least, I have narrowed it down to Black Caviar and that is a great progress. :smile: If I could find a M/L bag in metallic color, which would not be prone to color-transferring, that would have been better. Unfortunately according to my research in this wonderful blog, I have not found that yet.

One additional option - have you considered a reissue 226 as an evening bag? It is a perfect day to night size and I own both silver and gold and have had no issues with color transfer. The distressed calf is super durable and low maintenance.

Hi G&Smommy! Thank you very much. Oh great idea. I will look into silver or gold metallic reissue 226, since the distressed calf is very durable according to you. Thanks!

OP, Here are my toughts:

1) I would buy black lambskin ML/GHW for evening
2) I would buy black caviar jumbo/SHW or GHW for day

I would not buy both bags in the same configuration (caviar and GHW) in both sizes, HTH!:smile: Almost identical opinion as ********.

Hi Martinibeach, thanks so much for your suggestions! Very good point and that is why I was so confused and need your expert help! Reading about your comments are helping me. I really like G&Smommy's silver or gold calf reissue 226 idea for evening. I will look into this. If there was a metallic option with CC lock (in Caviar or durable Calfskin or anything else that does not scratch so easily), that would have been better!

I agree with Pursebpop and Martinibeach. These bags are so expensive that variety is key. I would want a different fabrication or at least a different HW color in the m/l or Jumbo. I have two black Jumbos, but one is patent and one is lamb with Bijoux chain so I do feel they are different. Sometimes, though, I have a hard time justifying keeping both, even with the differences.

Have you at all considered a different color in either the Jumbo or m/l as you have rejected lamb and patent as options? It's a very personal decision and you should buy the bags that make you happy, but I would not buy the same fabric and hardware combination in both m/l and Jumbo.

Thank you G&Smommy! If there was a metallic option with CC lock (in Caviar or durable Calfskin or anything else that does not scratch so easily), that would have been better! I just love these metallic colors for evening, but I really like the CC lock. I wonder if they have any metallic/dressy Caviar flap (or something durable like it) with CC lock!

Both the silver and bronze lambskins I have attached are from 12A and are relatively durable compared to metallic lambs of previous seasons.

Attachments

• image-4119840472.jpg
    image-4119840472.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 878
  • image-3159464524.jpg
    image-3159464524.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 996
Both the silver and bronze lambskins I have attached are from 12A and are relatively durable compared to metallic lambs of previous seasons.

Oh ********! You can tell how much I love these both gold and silver classic flaps!!! I am just afraid of lambskin and possible color transfer. These bags are gorgeous!