POLL : casual daily watch CARTIER OR ROLEX (no bling)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    i am scouting for a casual everyday watch without bling. and here are my two options :

CARTIER ballon bleu medium two-tone OR ROLEX midsize oyster smooth bezel rosegold/SS. what do you think?

(photo credits : rolex=msrocks cartier=ssc069)

NOTE : disregard the roadster with pink face in the first pic. thats the only picture of the Cartier BB here. sorry for the confusion.

Attached Files:

2. You have pics of 3 watches! Is that the roadster with pink face? My 1st choice would be rolex, then Cartier roadster. I don't care for the ballon bleu. JMO!

3. I'm confused because you posted pics of three watches.

I think the Ballon Bleu is the least casual. That particular Rolex is sort of subtle but I personally think the Roadster is the most casual/everyday of the three, and this is coming from someone who wears both a mid-size Yachtmaster and a Roadster.

4. sorry, disregard the roadster with pink. it just happened to be in the shot with the bb....thanks for the input!

BB - 1
    rolex - 1

(sorry, dont know how to post an actual poll entry - lol)

5. Out of the two round faced watches, the proportions are better on the Rolex. It can be made to look casual as well as dressy. love the Roadster, as an aside....:graucho:

6. i like the rolex a lot more.

7. i need to get a better picture of the rolex i like....thanks!

8. I adore the Rolex... I would pick that hands down! :love: For Cartier, I much prefer the Roadster (maybe without the pink face, which could be limiting) over the Ballon Bleu (even though the Roadster isn't an option). :P

9. rolex. i only like cartier watches with diamonds and to add furter the two tone effect looks nicer on the rolex. while i adore the ballon bleu i prefer it in one metal

i really think the rolex is the everyday bum around choice for you as it is casual but also can take a beating etc

10. I prefer the Rolex between the Rolex and the Cartier ballon bleu BUT if the Roadster was in the running I would choose that one first!

11. Another vote for rolex.

12. Rolex

13. #13 Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    LOL! I looked at your picture of the Ballon Bleu and thought "hey I have those exact same watches!" It took a minute, but I realized it was my picture!

It is a hard call for me because the Ballon Bleu looks great as a casual wear watch. I get a lot of compliments on it, where I don't so much on my casual Rolex. I think the way the face is (it is kinda curved), it draws the eye.

I just went back and looked at my picture of the BB and the picture does not show what I am talking about. You really need to see it in person and look at the face. It is not flat like it looks in the picture. It really is a lovely)

I really could go either way, but I'm going to vote Ballon Bleu!

14. I like the Rolex, I am not a fan of the Ballon Bleu, BUT, if the Roadster was up for discussion, I prefer it over all options :smile:

15. I prefer the Rolex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice