Poll best year for AGNEAU? Pick the best leather year from 2008 and up!

RATE YOUR AGNEAU, WHICH YEAR IS BEST?

• 2008 AGNEAU

• 2009 AGNEAU

• 2010 AGNEAU

• 2011 AGNEAU

Results are only viewable after voting.
^ Oh no. That's terrible.

Ladies, I'm considering a 2008 Day. Those of you who have experience with 2008 black bags, do they all tend to fade to green or are some holding up?

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this.
From what I know "greening" usually happens to the blaxk bags, but certainly not all of them! HTH :smile:

I am not familiar with the recent Agneau bags as I am a die-hard Chevre junkie.
BUT I have one Spring 08 bag that has the most amazing leather....soft, thick and distressed.
If I did not have the tag as proof, I would have sworn this was 07 Chevre for sure:

DSCN9865.jpg

DSCN9867.jpg

DSCN9870.jpg

Leslie, this is leather at it's best ...:sweatdrop::sweatdrop::drool::drool:

I think 2008 for sure & then 2010...
My Amethyst, Marine & Vert Thyme have all the amazing leather...

We still need to give 2011 a go... It's not over yet & some of the Coq reveals I have seen of late, have the fabulous leather....:smile:

Hi ladies. I have my eye on a 2008 Agneau in black on Ebay. The pictures shown seems like it's been tucked away for awhile and has these folds in certain places. Does anyone have any idea if these folds/wrinkles will smooth out with use?? Thank you all on purse forum for clearing up the differences between agneau and chevre!

Interesting question!

I am leaning towards 2008, followed by 2010.

Only have one bag out of three bags bought new in 2011 that is incredibly soft.

My beloved squishies are as follows:
2008 Marine GGH Day
2008 Electric Blue GGH Work
2010 Black RH Town (feels like squishy, puddly chevre, major distressing and super-gloss still apparent even after regular use)
2010 Castagna RH Maxi Twiggy (feels like my 2005 Jaune RH City - so supple and velvety, but I must admit, I bought it last week pre-loved to perfection!)
2011 Black Maxi Twiggy (so soft and supple - almost chevre-like in texture, after being used for ten days for 12 hours everyday)

Hi ladies. I have my eye on a 2008 Agneau in black on Ebay. The pictures shown seems like it's been tucked away for awhile and has these folds in certain places. Does anyone have any idea if these folds/wrinkles will smooth out with use?? Thank you all on purse forum for clearing up the differences between agneau and chevre!

These folds may "iron out" with use - hard to say. Bals are supposed to look distressed, though, so it depends on how noticeable a line is left when the bag is full, and if that would bother you. Please also make sure the bag is authentic by providing the link on the "authenticate this thread."

I have a 2010 Maxi Twiggy, a 2011 Anthra City, and just purchased a 2011 Black City. All three of these bags have great thick leather and are soft with nice wrinkling. I think every year, agneau is getting better (although I know it can still be hit or miss). As soon as I purchased my MT, I knew I wanted to find a City with the same leather and was very fortunate to find one. Others have also provided pictures of their 2010 or 2011 Black Bals, and there is much more consistency in the good leather, in my opinion.

Great thread! Pilateworks, could I have your address? I'm going to sneak in your house, ignore all the rest of your bags, and take that lovely bag home with me. :winkiss::graucho:

I love everyone's insight into the agneau leather. :smile:

It's so hard to pick just 1 year, because every year i see gorgeous wrinkly, well distressed, some gloss beautiful jaw dropping leather. I guess, it's pure luck & timing, since it differs from bag to bag.