Poll best year for AGNEAU? Pick the best leather year from 2008 and up!

RATE YOUR AGNEAU, WHICH YEAR IS BEST?

• 2008 AGNEAU

• 2009 AGNEAU

• 2010 AGNEAU

• 2011 AGNEAU

Results are only viewable after voting.

BAGLADY-SHOEFLY

In Love & Luxe
O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I know we have a poll on best Chevre 05 being the Grand Champion, but I can't seem to find much on Agneau! So vote away and any comments would be greatly appreciated! I have only experienced Chevre so far but am diving into Agneau no too and I think this would be very helpful for those of us with less experience in the newer leathers! Thanks ladies!:coolio:

a lot of other ladies around here are opinionated about their chevre and I am pretty darn opinionated about this. 2010 was the best year for agneau, hands down. The colors and texture far exceed other years. BUT every BBag varies whether it is agneau or chevre so don'y expect a perfect bag just b/c it is a 2010.

I love the 08 Agneau! I have been disappointed in the leather in the last couple of years. I loved the slight sheen to the older bags. My Anthra Towne has veiny, nice leather, but the sheen isn't like on my older Cities. At Neiman's I noticed all the new beautiful colors had a dull , flat finish which I don't care for.

I can't really vote because I have only one 08. All the rest are 02-05 and I can say that this little 08 saddle cp is one of the softest, most saturated colors in the whole lot. So, I'm a fan of 08.

This is pretty hard to choose because the leather varied depending on the colors as well (at least for me). But I'd have to go with 2008, although 2010 had some amazing black agneau, very close to 2005 black chevre IMO.

I would have to agree t
menupop.gif
hat 2008 was probably the best year for the Agneau; I have/had quite a few of the '08 and with the exception of Bouton d'Or, they were uniformly good.

--> Vert Thyme GSH PT - fantastic leather
--> Amethyst GSH PT - one of my all-time favorites
--> Coral/Vermillion GGH PT - fantastic leather
--> Rubisse RH PT - yummy leather

However, I have to say that I hit the jackpot with my 2011 bags this year .. the leather has been really distressed & yummy!

I'm in the minority; 2011 is my favorite agneau.

I've owned several bags from '08, '09 and '10. I resold all but the '09 Black RH City. It's a lovely bag with perfect veins, although I wish the leather were more pillowy.

I recently received an '11 Anthra RH Day from Bal.com and the leather is amazing! It is dense, incredibly soft and evenly distressed with intense color saturation.

Only time will tell, but by my observation thus far - '11 leather is a winner.

I've had three '09 bags (all RH Works) and I just got an 08 Coral GGH Part Time and I have to say that though the leather on that bag is really thick and soft, I prefer the more distressed look and feel of the '09. None, however, compare to the leather on my '07 Tomato City (I know that's apples to oranges, though)- it's by far and away my favorite leather, albeit of my limited selection (so far:P).

I voted for 2010 only because it is the best black leather I have seen in a long time. I have had a lot of black Bals, and the leather on my F/W black Maxi Twiggy beats most I have seen (and is definitely the best black agneau). I also have a '10 Seigle with very nice leather. And, a 2011 Anthracite City with great leather, too. But the Twiggy's black is very special, and I would love to find a black City with the same leather as my Twiggy.

I am not familiar with the recent Agneau bags as I am a die-hard Chevre junkie.
BUT I have one Spring 08 bag that has the most amazing leather....soft, thick and distressed.
If I did not have the tag as proof, I would have sworn this was 07 Chevre for sure:

DSCN9865.jpg

DSCN9867.jpg

DSCN9870.jpg