Poll - Are you A ********** or ******** or . . . .

Poll: Are you **********, ******** or . . .

• Independent

• Other - I'll explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

I don't agree with everything that goes on (rep)
But I must say their are more things in Demo. party I didn't agree with. But I keep my 2 cents locked up-

But all is peachy king

I love all of you!
No matter which way you are:love:

P.s. Bill????? Ok.. I lied my 2 cents are out.....Please noooo Bill!!!!,
How about I run, everyone on the forum gets a free purse when I;m in office?

Irissy said:
I'm a Demcrat for now, but once I make over $100K, I'll become a **********. :P

Don't bother! LOL!
My DH makes more than what's considered the highest tax bracket and we're still getting KILLED on taxes!!!!
We didn't see a change when W was elected.

Oh man, I really hope this thread won't get out of hand. People tend to get quite passionate about politics... ;)

Myself, I am apathetic. Never had the option to vote (due to my complicated citizenship/residency relation), nor will I ever. No matter where you look, it's all the same sh*t to me. Just empty promises and corruption.

Kind of along the same lines as Vlad, although I am a big ol' Repub and darn proud of it, I think any political party to which you belong is corrupt and unjust no matter which way you slice it. Whether you're elephants or jacka**es, both parties are hungry and deceptive wolves.

PS - I do have to admit I was a bit shocked when I saw all the ********s in this forum...;).

jasanna143 said:
Whether you're elephants or jacka**es, both parties are hungry and deceptive wolves.

Precisely. And you can always assume that whoever is on the top has done something utterly unethical to get there.

And regarding Dubya... I am not going to get into his politics... but the man himself has been abandoned by evolution 30-some millions years ago. He is not any smarter than a primitive primate.

I'm a ********. I have never really been politically minded, so since my parnets always voted ********, I followed along. I was a huge fan of ******* though...

and I would sooo cote for Hilary!

jasanna143 said:
PS - I do have to admit I was a bit shocked when I saw all the ********s in this forum...;).

i'm a ********, and so was i. i always assume everyone is a **********, i'm from the most conservative place on earth - Cobb County, Georgia, the district that elected Newt Gingrich. usually there aren't even any ********ic challengers in the state legislature races there. and it's odd, now i live in the most liberal place in the state - Athens-Clarke County, whch voted Kerry over Bush 2-1. but i still just assume everyone's a **********, i'm so used to it.

I'm just curious about everybodies reasons for belonging to whichever party they belong to...nobody is really saying, I'm assuming to avoid drama; but is there at least one clear reason as to why each of you are passionate about your decision?

Danica said:
I'm just curious about everybodies reasons for belonging to whichever party they belong to...nobody is really saying, I'm assuming to avoid drama; but is there at least one clear reason as to why each of you are passionate about your decision?

well, without being completely insulting to **********s (because i have some, let's say, harsh opinions), i just think we have a long way to go as a society and as a people and the majority of ********** policies are not focused on moving forward - they want to stay the same or go back to more traditional policies. this is, after all, the root of the labels of 'liberal' and 'conservative.' liberals want change, conservatives want the status quo, no matter what kind of policy that indicates (we have added meaning that isn't there in our society that assigns a party to each label). so, to put it tactfully, i think we've got light years to go and a million things to change (gay marriage, abortion rigts, right to the morning after pill, further separation of church and state, etc. ad infinitum) before we can settle for the status quo or be satisfied with our society, so i consider myself liberal.

i didn't say so originally because i know a lot of people's heads explode at the slightest mention of political opinion beyond 'i'm a **********' or 'i'm a ********,' and i'm not looking for a fight. as i've mentioned many times on the board, i was a national-level debater in high school and i tired of quarreling over politics long ago, lol. you can only beat a dead horse so much...i've done an unprecidented amount of pointless arguing in my time.

amanda said:
well, without being completely insulting to **********s (because i have some, let's say, harsh opinions), i just think we have a long way to go as a society and as a people and the majority of ********** policies are not focused on moving forward - they want to stay the same or go back to more traditional policies. this is, after all, the root of the labels of 'liberal' and 'conservative.' liberals want change, conservatives want the status quo, no matter what kind of policy that indicates (we have added meaning that isn't there in our society that assigns a party to each label). so, to put it tactfully, i think we've got light years to go and a million things to change (gay marriage, abortion rigts, right to the morning after pill, further separation of church and state, etc. ad infinitum) before we can settle for the status quo or be satisfied with our society, so i consider myself liberal.

Well said Amanda. Thanks!