• $61,000-80,000

• $81,000-100,000

• $101,000-120,000

• $121,000-150,000

• $150,000-200,000

• $201,000-500,000

• $501,000 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree w/ you Loganz, based on the current results I'm inclined to think people may very well be exaggerating. I really expected the results to fall closer to the report I reference in my opening post.

IMO, the difference in this thread/poll and Tiff's is that no one here is talking about how much or how little money they have or what problems come w/ it.
It's purely statistical.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
IMO, the difference in this thread/poll and Tiff's is that no one here is talking about how much or how little money they have or what problems come w/ it.
It's purely statistical.

I think this is an interesting poll, SwankyMama, and I also think your kids are adorable :amuse: Not to open up a whole new set of issues, but I had a prof in college who used to swear that the only issue that Americans can't bring themselves to discuss is class. Not that everyone on the forum is American by all means, but the postings on certain threads make me start to believe my prof was right. Not that I'm not guilty!! I've made some regrettably snappy comments about class on PurseForum too, I'm no better (maybe worse, some of you ladies are decidedly classy when discussing class :P ). But my prof used to say that if Americans could get over their fear of being perceived as upper and/or lower class and start talking about the social issues that produce wealth or poverty, that we could actually start improving conditions for impoverished individuals. It certainly doesn't mean that bragging about wealth produces social change, but addressing wealth in useful ways can. Maybe stats is one way to go...

Actually the results of the poll doesn't surprise me at all.
I suspect that many people are factoring in their parents' income as well as their own...especially if their lifestyle is being subsidized by their parents. Why say you made $10,000 last year when daddy pays for your apartment and credit card bills and his annual income is $250K?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I couldn't figure out a not so wordy way to request that people only count "their" money.

Hehe, instead of annual household income, why don't you poll annual individual income? :idea: Household income assumes that the poll-taker will include everybody else in the household. Rich daddy included. :amazed:

If you make the new poll, I'm guessing that the statistics will be shifted down. Way down.