• $101,000-120,000

• $121,000-150,000

• $150,000-200,000

• $201,000-500,000

• $501,000 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bjara said:
With all respect....:shame:

Completely anonymous or not, I never answer these types of questions. I am extremely private in certain areas of my life, and this is one of them.

So I think IntlSet may be correct in her thinking.

That's fine! No one HAS to answer, it's just a fun, ANONYMOUS poll. It's private, just as you are ;)

SwankyMamaof3 said:
That's fine! No one HAS to answer, it's just a fun, ANONYMOUS poll. It's private, just as you are ;)

Swanky, I realize I might've sounded like I was criticizing your poll. NOT my intent at all! I'm curious to see our demographics too!:idea:

No, no sweetie, I love different perspectives! No worries!
I feel like I know your character well enough to know better!;)

I LOVE stats/demographics!

I am soooo confused. Just a week and a half (2 weeks, maybe?), Tiffany!@#$ (some #, I think, but am not sure), asked a genuine question having to do with having money (and a problem it has caused her), and many of the members of this forum jumped ALL OVER HER! Very rudely, I might add. But a "poll" like this is OK? Doesn't anyone else see this as a contradiction? "Anonymous" schimonimous! If talking about money is as rude and uncivilized as so many people made it out to be, then this is just as bad!

Sherri S. said:
I am soooo confused. Just a week and a half (2 weeks, maybe?), Tiffany!@#$ (some #, I think, but am not sure), asked a genuine question having to do with having money (and a problem it has caused her), and many of the members of this forum jumped ALL OVER HER! Very rudely, I might add. But a "poll" like this is OK? Doesn't anyone else see this as a contradiction? "Anonymous" schimonimous! If talking about money is as rude and uncivilized as so many people made it out to be, then this is just as bad!

Tiffany was making a declaration about how wealthy she is.

This, on the other hand, is just a survey of demographics. Magazines give these kinds of surveys all the time. And it *is* anonymous, what's "schimonimious" about it?

I see no contradiction, but good try.

I guess the way I see it, Tiffany was asking what appeared to me (though others don't agree) a genuine question about how to deal with a problem having money has caused her in a forum frequented by other people who most likely have money. Although she did set the scene by describing her situation, I don't consider that a declaration. Is this OK because identities are not attached to the declaration of wealth?

If you don't want to answer the poll, then just move on. No one is being forced to post a response to a thread or reveal any information that they are not willing to share. The key difference with Tiffany's thread and this thread is that this is an anonymous poll where no one knows who has what in terms of $$$. You have no idea what I answered in this poll. Whereas Tiffany's thread specifically asked if you were born rich and thus, in order to respond, your identity on the forum is revealed. Neither was intended to be inflammatory (hindsight is also 20/20).

Don't attack me please, but my opinion is that I would not trust the results of this poll, even thought it is anonymous, I do not trust people to be truthful, the fact that it is anonymous is what I believe allows people to exaggerate their status. It is a confirmed fact that on opinion surveys people project themselves how they see themselves, not how they are.

For the record, I did not post to the poll itself, and I stand by my statement that there is the probablity for a high margin of error with this poll.

This is not to say that it is a bad idea, but, I thought I might present an alternative view point for how the anomynity might actually skew the outcome.