Poll: 35 Birkin in black ardenne vs red fjord

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Which would you choose for a first Birkin- a black ardenne with GH or a red fjord with GH? Take into consideration that both are 35cm, pre-owned, in good condition and similar in price. Also, please state the reason for your choice. Thanks.;)

2. ahh the color war...i'm also trying to decide what color i want as well...

i guess the best advice is to get the one that goes with more of your wardrobe and/or the one that you do not have as many other bags in...

btw, i cast my vote for the red. I love a red birkin...its like a pair of louboutins, very chic.

not to mention the fjord leather is tough, or so i've read...

3. my vote goes to the red! u can get black bags anywhere but it's how the colorful bags takes on colors that really show off H leather's amazing texture and set them apart from other bags.

4. Both are beautiful combinations but for a first birkin, I would choose the black ardennes with GH as it is a discontinued leather and it is the perfect black leather birkin.

5. Another vote for black ardennes!

6. black black black , perfect for any occasion (work/travel/shopping)

7. Although I love a red Birkin, I think that in the long run you will be happier with the black Ardennes. A wonderful leather, light and weather resistant, with a slight sheen to it. Black goes anywhere, it is always chic.

8. OP: I agree that you should go for one that is very versatile and suits you... When you say "red" - which Hermes red are you referring to? (E.g., Rouge H, Rouge Garrance, Rouge VIF, etc.) Knowing the exact red might help :smile:

9. Well, until I know exactly which red we're talking about I cast my vote for the black! It's timeless......

10. Black Ardennes, what a great combination! (and I love Red bags)

11. I love red bags but for a first Birkin I'd go for black Ardennes with ghw.
    A beautiful combination, classy and timeless and it will go with almost everything ;).

12. Black Ardennes - you'll love it FOREVER! :yahoo:

13. Fjord is usually Rouge Vif.

This is a tough choice. They are both my favorite leathers. Either would be great. Black will probably go with more.

14. I would want both! lol!

Fjord is my favorite H leather. It is very durable. You also can never go wrong with a red Birkin IMHO.

Black is sometimes a hard color to get in the boutiques. I have a few black Birkins, but I have a Black Ardennes 32cm HAC that I use as a daily workhorse bag. It goes everywhere (grocery shopping, the veterinarian's office, the gas station, etc...lol). The Ardennes leather sure takes a beating and still looks great.

What a tough decision! I think either bag would be perfect.

15. Black Ardennes