Polished alternative to a yoga pant? Is it possible?

mysisterrocks

Nov 11, 2008
Need some fashion help. I am in the stay at home mommy rut. Truth be said, my body type looks BEST in yoga pants- the wide waistband cut and the skimming, boot leg silouhette flatters me best rather than a tight pair of leggings (tight waist) or skinny jeans (I am 5'3 and weigh 130, curvy)

I dont find denim jeans comfy for at home lounging, and I also hate changing to run out of the house- but, yoga pants in the typical cotton jersey tend to look faded and too loungy to ever really feel "chic."

Is there such thing as a yoga pant alternative? Perhaps I should seek out a different fiber such as a merino wool pull-on wide waist band pant? Need some stylish options- while ruling out the popular leggings and skinnies.

My body type is kinda like Britney Spears, so anything too tight makes me look bigger than I am...

Any ideas for comfy and chic? I know..hard to find :smile:
TIA!

Have you tried Lululemon pants? They are still yoga pants but I find I don't feel as frumpy wearing them :biggrin: And they are made of good fabric/material and not cotton/jersey.

I recommend Lululemon Groove Pants! I was a little hesitant before trying them also, but they are amazingly comfortable, and the look very chic! One lady actually though I was wearing dress pants and was amazed when I told her they were Yoga pants! You can dress them up or down, and they still look amazing! : ) They cut is really flattering and they smooth out any imperfections! They are the ultimate comfortable chic pant!

Good luck with your search!! : )

What about a boot cut or straight leg jean with lots of stretch? J Brand makes really stretchy denim.

I guess I have a bone to pick because my city is inundated with people who think yoga pants can be worn anywhere/anytime-but I don't think there's any kind of yoga pant (Lululemon or otherwise) that can and should be worn out in public (besides to exercise, of course!). There's a reason people think Vancouver is not a fashionable city......

I think if you find a pair of really stretchy lightweight denim you'll find they are more comfortable than you think-and you don't have to wear skinnies!

What about a boot cut or straight leg jean with lots of stretch? J Brand makes really stretchy denim.

I guess I have a bone to pick because my city is inundated with people who think yoga pants can be worn anywhere/anytime-but I don't think there's any kind of yoga pant (Lululemon or otherwise) that can and should be worn out in public (besides to exercise, of course!). There's a reason people think Vancouver is not a fashionable city......

I think if you find a pair of really stretchy lightweight denim you'll find they are more comfortable than you think-and you don't have to wear skinnies!

I second stretchy denim. If you're going for comfort, have you tried a pair of jeans one size larger than normal? They'll still fit you fine but just not as "tight".