Polished alternative to a yoga pant? Is it possible?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Need some fashion help. I am in the stay at home mommy rut. Truth be said, my body type looks BEST in yoga pants- the wide waistband cut and the skimming, boot leg silouhette flatters me best rather than a tight pair of leggings (tight waist) or skinny jeans (I am 5'3 and weigh 130, curvy)

I dont find denim jeans comfy for at home lounging, and I also hate changing to run out of the house- but, yoga pants in the typical cotton jersey tend to look faded and too loungy to ever really feel "chic."

Is there such thing as a yoga pant alternative? Perhaps I should seek out a different fiber such as a merino wool pull-on wide waist band pant? Need some stylish options- while ruling out the popular leggings and skinnies.

My body type is kinda like Britney Spears, so anything too tight makes me look bigger than I am...

Any ideas for comfy and chic? I know..hard to find :smile:
    TIA!

2. Have you tried Lululemon pants? They are still yoga pants but I find I don't feel as frumpy wearing them :biggrin: And they are made of good fabric/material and not cotton/jersey.

3. I recommend Lululemon Groove Pants! I was a little hesitant before trying them also, but they are amazingly comfortable, and the look very chic! One lady actually though I was wearing dress pants and was amazed when I told her they were Yoga pants! You can dress them up or down, and they still look amazing! : ) They cut is really flattering and they smooth out any imperfections! They are the ultimate comfortable chic pant!

Good luck with your search!! : )

4. What about a boot cut or straight leg jean with lots of stretch? J Brand makes really stretchy denim.

I guess I have a bone to pick because my city is inundated with people who think yoga pants can be worn anywhere/anytime-but I don't think there's any kind of yoga pant (Lululemon or otherwise) that can and should be worn out in public (besides to exercise, of course!). There's a reason people think Vancouver is not a fashionable city......

I think if you find a pair of really stretchy lightweight denim you'll find they are more comfortable than you think-and you don't have to wear skinnies!

5. I second stretchy denim. If you're going for comfort, have you tried a pair of jeans one size larger than normal? They'll still fit you fine but just not as "tight".

6. I second Nike workout pants! :tup: I have a different version than above (don't know what they're called) and love them! Go to a sporting apparel store and try a bunch on. Sometimes my local Marshall's and TJ Maxx will have them too.