Polish Exchange Signup Thread---Round 6

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Before we start let me give a little background---

For this round as previously discussed one of the main rules will change. Instead of all polished being allowed for equal exchange, they are now being broken into groups

This change has been a long time coming and is needed in order to maintain the quality of the box. With the past rules we've found that higher priced/quality brands are contantly being swapped out for lower brands resulting in a box full of polishes that are all in the same low price range. In other words the higher prices polishes are typically the first ones to go but are not being replinished at the same rate.

While there is nothing wrong with lower cost polishes, when the box has a majority of these polishes and nothing else it takes away from the variety that the box should have and many people have expressed that they didnt have much to choose from.

Furthermore the new "group" rule should prevent old goops, dried out and otherwise non-swappable polishes from surfacing as they have been many times in the past.
It's quite time consuming at the end of each round to go through polishes and have to pull out ones that should have never been put in the first place due to condition or age.

It is because of the reasons mentioned above and many PMs from past participants expressing their thoughts/complaints on the box that the new rule will be implemented.

Moving forward the box will maintain a better quality and variety. I think everyone will be pleased and have a better experience.

(continued in 2nd post below)

I had some help from our own lovely Karla and we've complied a list of over 100 polishes and separated them into a few small groups.

Those who participate will be send the list of Tiers with a breakdown of the brands of polishes that fall into each. It looks like we have settled on 5 Tiers

So for example if you select a polish that falls into Tier 2, then you put in one of your own that is from that same tier of higher. You do not have to add in a higher polish that the current tier but you can as an option to help the box get back up to an ideal variety.

The tiers are separated based on average price point. It's completely fair and thought out, trust us it has taken a while. The Tier system is in place to benefit everyone.

To put in plain and simple for example--- it's to prevent someone from taking ten $1.00 polishes and trading them for ten $18.00 polishes. The Tier system will allow everyone to swap and try new things but in a more balanced way than before

We know that this exchange started out as as way to "try" a little bit of everything. But over time that relaxed rule does not work so well when you look at the big picture.

All the other rules remain the same with the excetion of 2:

-There will be a MAX of 15 polishes to exchange per person

-No extras allowed for this round. Want to focus on getting the box back into an ideal variety before start adding in extras again

Reminder of past rules

RULES:

--You must replace each polish that you take with one of your polishes. No limit on the amount. Must adhere to the minimum of 1 for 1 /Same 1 for 1 rule on mini polishes.

--Polishes must be 75% full or more

--We have been shipping in a medium flat rate boxes so that the shipping price is the same for everyone. We may switch to one large box depending on how many people sign up

--Must re-ship withing 3-4 days. Please keep to this schedule so that the box moves along in a timely manner. We are all so excited when our names get close:yahoo:

--If the box is getting close to your name and you anticipate being away for a trip or vacation----- please inform incase we need to remove you from the list or move your name. But please lets try to prevent this by letting me know when you signup if you plan to be away:biggrin:

--As in the previous Rounds we are sticking to previously established members that post regularly. In order to make it easy to determine who can participate it will be 500 minimum posts just like the other swaps and exchanges. (does not apply if you have been in the exchange before and have less than this amount)

--It is OK to put back bottles of polish in that did not work for you in the previous Rounds.
(just make sure you add something else too so that Round 6 does not look identical to Round 5 :P)

--Please remove any polishes that you donated from the last Round that are in the box when it comes back to you. If your polish made it all the way through a Round and back without being selected, its time for it to go. We love all of our polishes but some won't work for everyone. ;)

--There will be stickers in the box; please put your tPF username on a sticker and put it on the polishes that you add to the box. You may have to secure the sticker with tape so they don't fall off during the round

If we run out of stickers during the Round, feel free to replace or make some out of paper and tape.

--There will be a chart in the box to write down the names of the polishes that you select and mark the ones that you remove.

--MUST MUST MUST post pictures of the polishes that you choose. This is one of the main points of the exchange thread so that it keeps us all excited to see the box move along.
***With your pictures please post the names of the polishes and name of tPFer who donated it. Please do not just post pics with no info

If you were unable to post pics of your selections in the past for whatever reason please know that it is a requirement for this. It's only fair;)

COURTESY RULE

--Please add in only polishes that you would want to receive yourself. I think this goes without saying but please no old, goopy/yucky/damaged, etc. polishes added
Also although this exchange is not brand for brand be aware of what you are taking out vs. putting in and try to be fair

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please PM me if you want to participate in Round 6 between
January 15th-January 22nd (one week)

All I need is for you to PM me your name and state. Locations won't be posted, I will just use it for my records. The only person that you will need to give your address to is the person in front of you on the list. PM them when your name comes next in the shipping order

I will post the shipping arrangement after soon as I get all the names (will take me several days or atleast a week after signups close)

500 posts minimum to particate and US only

I think thats it! Can't wait to get started:nuts:

Let us know if you have any questions:biggrin:

YIKES that was a lot of info above. Just wanted to make sure everyhing was covered. :cool:

Let me summarize for newbies---- basically this is a polish exchange where the box is shipped around person to person and you can add in polishes that didnt work for you and trade them for another polish.

It's a big exchange box!!

Feel free to PM me with questions.

I'm not sure if you're the right one to ask or not...

but will there still be a premium exchange separate from this one? or is that built in here because of the tiers?

any break down of the tiers now so we can get an idea what they look like?

Also, you state a 15 exchange max and then under RULES you have 'no limit' so if you can still edit you may want to fix that, unless I'm reading it wrong?! lol :hugs:

Also, you state a 15 exchange max and then under RULES you have 'no limit' so if you can still edit you may want to fix that, unless I'm reading it wrong?! lol :hugs:

Oops didnt realize that. I just copied and pasted the old rules and thought I deleted anything that didnt apply.

You are correct it will be 15 polishes per person max to exchange

And the Premium exhange is totally separate. We will still be doing that exchange:biggrin:

The specific tier list with brands will be sent to those who are participating.

It breaks down like this to give everyone an idea:

Tier One: Up to $3.00
Tier Two: $3.50- $6.50
Tier Three: $7.00-$10.00
Tier Four: $11- $16.50
Tier Five: $17 and up

The list that Karla and I compiled has over 100 polishes ( I think 110 so far) on it and in no way covers every single polish out there. But it covers every polish brand that I've ever seen in the exchange box and many of the new popular boxes. The Tier system is a guideline. If by chance there is a polish that is not covered my name then you would just use the price point instead.

It's not meant to be restrictive to the point of giving everyone a headache. It's just a tool to ensure that the selection in the box maintains a variety at all times

Although I have not gone through the boxes in a while (they are sitting in a closet wondering when they can come out. LOL.) I can say that most of the polishes inside fall into Tiers 1 and 2.

Hopefully with everyones particiation this next round and help we can get the box up to a wide variety of atleast Tier 1-4 and maybe some lucky Tiers 5 will wind up inside too :graucho:

Forgot to say---I will wait until towards the end of signups before PMing everyone back with a confirmation

It's easier for me to keep up with everything if I do it all at once and it leaves room in my inbox if I don't fill up my outbox

:graucho:

I had some help from our own lovely Karla and we've complied a list of over 100 polishes and separated them into a few small groups.

Those who participate will be send the list of Tiers with a breakdown of the brands of polishes that fall into each. It looks like we have settled on 5 Tiers

So for example if you select a polish that falls into Tier 2, then you put in one of your own that is from that same tier of higher. You do not have to add in a higher polish that the current tier but you can as an option to help the box get back up to an ideal variety.

The tiers are separated based on average price point. It's completely fair and thought out, trust us it has taken a while. The Tier system is in place to benefit everyone.

To put in plain and simple for example--- it's to prevent someone from taking ten $1.00 polishes and trading them for ten $18.00 polishes. The Tier system will allow everyone to swap and try new things but in a more balanced way than before

We know that this exchange started out as as way to "try" a little bit of everything. But over time that relaxed rule does not work so well when you look at the big picture.

So sorry I found so many typos in my prior posts. I was just trying to cover so much information that I was typing fast.

Let me clarify that example highlighted above because it's full of errors:

For example--if you select a polish from the box that falls into Tier 2, then all you have to do is simply look at the list of Tier 2 brands "or higher" to find a match from your collection that fits. If your brand is not listed, just make sure it that falls into the Tier 2 price range and PM me for your brand to be added to the spreadsheet. Even though we have covered 110 brands I'm sure more will come up unlisted.

Simply PM me and they will be added. But to keep it simple I'll only be adding brands as they come up for donation. Otherwise it will be an endless project. I'd guess there are atleast 1.2 million polish brands out there right now....or more. LOL!

"Or higher" as noted in the example means that you can choose to donate a polish from Tier 2, 3, 4 or 5 if the one you are selecting if from Tier 2. You just cannot donate anything lower or add in any extras. All polishes must be swapped for this round.

No one is expected to exchange UP if they do not wish. Tier for Tier is fine, but if someone chooses to swap UP then it will help our selection a lot for the next round moving forward. The choice is yours:biggrin:

Hope this post made more sense. I proof read it twice. LOL!

I really like the new changes. I never participated in an exchange before. I have mostly Teir 4 so wasn't ready for the premium box but didn't want to receive a box full of dollar polishes when I have teir 4 to give up. (not that there's anything wrong with dollar polish). I just donated a bunch of unwanted polish to my hair salon since the owner collects them for charity so I won't be in on this one. Can't wait to see how it goes as I think these are great rule changes.