Policy on Friends with same bags

maddiecc

O.G.
Jul 28, 2013
Recently I have gotten one of my close friends hooked on LV :biggrin: it's great to have someone off TPF to shop, talk, and discuss LV with, BUT there is some trouble in paradise. We seem to have similar taste in LV products; we both wanted a Vernis wallet, and now we're both eyeing some Epi Electric bags. When I went to buy my wallet after her, I felt like Pomme was off limits, because that's the color my firend bought. Now, I'm stressed out about getting funds together fast enough so I can get my dream bags first (I know, it's so backwards)!

SO my question is: What's the policy on matching friends? If one of your close friends buys a bag, is it off limits to you? HELP! :thinking:

Honestly I think if you can, you should just let it go. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. If you don't like it when you match, just call each other before you go out so one of you can carry something else. I think if you're constantly going to try to beat her to the bag it will take some of the joy out of buying stuff like this.

I’m not in your situation, but I believe that you should buy what you love. Louis Vuitton is too expensive not to buy what you love and enjoy wearing. Somebody is wearing the same purse as your friend so why can it not be you.

There is no policy! I buy what I like, it's just luxurious goods. It's not like I am eating another woman's cookie that has an "off limits" sign!

Honestly I think if you can, you should just let it go. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. If you don't like it when you match, just call each other before you go out so one of you can carry something else. I think if you're constantly going to try to beat her to the bag it will take some of the joy out of buying stuff like this.
Agree! I have a couple friends who love LV and we have some of the same bags. Of course for a reason! (they are practical!)
Sometimes we match sometimes we don't. We will always have something to talk about either way.
Doesn't phase me one bit.

Totally agree with this! I don't have friends who carry LV, so bags are not an issue. On the other hand, I have a couple who share the same taste in boots and jackets. Sometimes we will call each other if we are going to the same event and are concerned about it, other times if we haven't checked and show up somewhere wearing the same thing, we just laugh about what great taste we have!

Dont mind. Be always honest about what you love even if others do love it too. If it really bothers you so much you should check with your friend. If she would not let you enjoy LV pices bc she is wearing them already you might have some extra thoughts about that friendship.

Having the same LV items doesn't make you twins ... It only shows your taste in that special item is the same. Buy what you love bc you pay for it and you will have to use it for a long time ... Or you would not bc your heart will till you, that the other purse was your love and the one you own is only second option. You are free!

There is no policy! I buy what I like, it's just luxurious goods. It's not like I am eating another woman's cookie that has an "off limits" sign!
Great advice. thanks ladies, you're right that I'm probably over thinking it! I just don't want to step on anyone's fashion toes!

Get what makes you happy and remember that you are friends for a reason, you obliviously both have great taste so enjoy your friendship and be happy knowing that you have friends who share the same interest that you do :smile:

I wouldn't one want someone or anyone as a friend if they'd get upset over us sharing the same great tastes! That ish is just too petty and high school-ish
Great advice. thanks ladies, you're right that I'm probably over thinking it! I just don't want to step on anyone's fashion toes!

When I bought my Metis, I ruled out the artsy because my colleague had it, and one of my friends. I don't regret my purchase in the least bit, i think its so functional and has so many options and is just my style. But, I do regret allowing myself to be swayed in my decision making process by what someone else has. It doesn't't feel good to put that kind of pressure on yourself and it wouldn't be fair to do it to someone else... why is it OK for a stranger to have the same bag, but not a person you like and care about? Allowing yourself to succumb to that kind of self inflicted pressured is no fun, let it roll...these things are supposed to bring you joy...