Polène handbags

I agree, I don’t like the new website. The old one was so good with the bags separated by type… Now it’s hard to get an quick overview of what colours each bags come in.

The logo tote just feels so off and totally not in line with their aesthetic. Did something change internally in the company management / creative director wise?!
I am wondering this myself. Polene has changed and I believe it is from a change of management or some external advisors that were hired by the management team.

Polene seemed to have put the focus on setting up brick and mortar stores in NY and Japan. This must have been a huge investment for them. Before they were pumping out so many new designs and their last two designs were keychains or the new tote (which is rather a twist on the cmye).

Everything they do is to gain new customers but they seem to lose the connection to their existing customers.
As someone who has bought multiple bags from them and was eager to see every new bag that came out, the "new" Polene seems off to me. Since they have increased their prices after christmas (without zero communication) I must admit that I lost interest. I did not lose interest in buying any bags though. I got a cute clutch from jerome dreyfuss and a bucket bag from Etro. Now I am looking into buying something from Chylak. All my other bags are Polene. At this point, I am even thinking of selling some of my Polene bags. I just do not feel connected to them anymore. Looking at their new website is not inspiring anymore, it is exhausting and overwhelming.

Before Polene was about minimalism and craftmanship and now when I go on their website there is this ugly box on the left featuring the bag that is shown in the background picture. This is tacky and screams BUY! BUY! BUY!

I am wondering this myself. Polene has changed and I believe it is from a change of management or some external advisors that were hired by the management team.

Polene seemed to have put the focus on setting up brick and mortar stores in NY and Japan. This must have been a huge investment for them. Before they were pumping out so many new designs and their last two designs were keychains or the new tote (which is rather a twist on the cmye).

Everything they do is to gain new customers but they seem to lose the connection to their existing customers.
As someone who has bought multiple bags from them and was eager to see every new bag that came out, the "new" Polene seems off to me. Since they have increased their prices after christmas (without zero communication) I must admit that I lost interest. I did not lose interest in buying any bags though. I got a cute clutch from jerome dreyfuss and a bucket bag from Etro. Now I am looking into buying something from Chylak. All my other bags are Polene. At this point, I am even thinking of selling some of my Polene bags. I just do not feel connected to them anymore. Looking at their new website is not inspiring anymore, it is exhausting and overwhelming.

Before Polene was about minimalism and craftmanship and now when I go on their website there is this ugly box on the left featuring the bag that is shown in the background picture. This is tacky and screams BUY! BUY! BUY!
You Def took the words out of my mind. I am asking if they sold the company while it still was the "old polene" to one of the big conglomerates like lvmh. Otherwise I don't get why they are not releasing new seasonal colors for the already existing bags (most of them are oos instead) and they are at the same time changing logo, font, their website and producing a new bag which is so far away from their traditional lines...

I kind of feel the same. I use my Dix and Cyme a lot and love them. But I'm tempted to sell my Neuf and I kind of begin to loose interest in the brand. And the new branding and website does not really help.

I kind of feel the same. I use my Dix and Cyme a lot and love them. But I'm tempted to sell my Neuf and I kind of begin to loose interest in the brand. And the new branding and website does not really help.
I agree that Polene's focus is now primarily on expansion. I really dislike their new website - so unorganized, overwhelming and somehow feels cheaper despite them probably investing a lot in this redesign. With their popularity rising, queues outside their stores, fakes being more prevalent, price increases etc., I am curious if they can manage to preserve the craftmanship and the quality. Some time ago I felt Polene might become one of the high-end luxury brands in future but now I'm not sure (not that they said they want to, just speculating haha). With such expansion, gifting many influencers, the resale market offering lots of their bags etc., I wonder if there might be a point where the market is saturated and people will lose interest. Is there someone with business knowledge who could share with us your opinion on Polene's strategy? I would love to hear thoughts from someone "in the field".

I sold my mini Neuf and bought pre-loved Un nano in trio camel for a good price and with original receipt. Quality-wise it seems perfect and I love the feel and the smell of the leather. Hope to wear it a lot, despite trying more styles I still gravitate towards the OG. I'm not that obssessed with Polene as I used to be but I am still happy they were my gateway to the mid-range luxury bags and that I learned a lot about craftmanship, design and my own style through this.

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my newest Polene, the Ilo bag, which hasn't got that great reviews on here, but I love it! I already liked the colorway in Cyme put didn't get that as that style isn't for me. So this one is perfect match for what I was looking, a slim and not a wide tote bag that can be carried on the shoulder. I don't mind the big logo either. I think the details are very pretty in this bag and it is perfectly made. I have now two un nanos, two toncas and one mini neuf and now this Ilo bag. :love:

View attachment 5789557

View attachment 5789558

View attachment 5789560

View attachment 5789561

View attachment 5789562

View attachment 5789563

View attachment 5789564
Congrats! I like this design too. Does the canvas feel thick & sturdy? Are there any interior pockets?

Reactions: Milsaar
I picked up my first Polene bag today yay. The colors they had on display were beautiful and the shape was very cute. Seems like the perfect playground /outdoor market bag because I can easily slip my phone in and out if it. It is a good stand in for a possible mini Lindy in the future. Only drawback is that the color looked like a light grey in store and definitely looks more like etoupe under natural light

F22AAA9E-67A5-4763-8F35-11E836B63966.jpeg

Congrats! I like this design too. Does the canvas feel thick & sturdy? Are there any interior pockets?
Thank you! The canvas feels sturdy, not a flimsy at all. There are no interior pockets, only one open space. Now that I have been using the bag the only downside are the loose side leather straps as they keep hitting the bag and making some extra noise, which I feel annoying. I'm thinking of attaching them to the sides in some how to prevent that.

Some time ago I felt Polene might become one of the high-end luxury brands in future but now I'm not sure (not that they said they want to, just speculating haha). With such expansion, gifting many influencers, the resale market offering lots of their bags etc., I wonder if there might be a point where the market is saturated and people will lose interest. Is there someone with business knowledge who could share with us your opinion on Polene's strategy? I would love to hear thoughts from someone "in the field".

I'm not that obssessed with Polene as I used to be but I am still happy they were my gateway to the mid-range luxury bags and that I learned a lot about craftmanship, design and my own style through this.
They have market themselves as an affordable bag brand. Then they called themselves "conscious luxury" meaning they only produced a certain number.
When you look at their website now it says "the new luxury leather goods brand based in Paris".
I don't know about you but I do not consider them luxury. There is nothing wrong with appealing to this kind of market segment.
Polene has great design but the leather they use is not as expensive as other luxury brands.
Mansur Gavriel was considered "entry luxury" and they use the most expensive leathers and also produce in Italy where they do have the most well known leather manufacturers. The production prices of Mansur Gavriel must be a lot more than what Polene pays.

Mansur Gavriel had a few price increases and it completely damaged the brand. They now have sale after sale after sale.

Polene started to have those price increases too. I understand that inflation made things more expensive but their price increases were just crazy.

I think they were overwhelmed with their demand. They used to have a lot of bags sell out. I don't know if they produce more bags now or people simply are not that interested anymore.

I own a Neuf and I love the shape but I rarely wear it. I think it's due to the color (taupe - I was expecting it to be more grey, but it is quite warm toned). Though I'm not sure it's just due to the color, I own two bags in camel and cognac, which are also warm-toned and I love then - it's not the most practical bag.
I was thinking of selling the taupe Neuf and getting it in another color instead. Maybe blush, since this was the first color I thought about for this bag but I settled for taupe, because I thought blush would be too out there. What do you think? Have you seen Polene's blush color in person? (But I'm not sure if I'll regret it later if I get rid of the taupe Neuf though...)

I was really drawn to Polene in the beginning and got my first bag about 2 years ago. I had a Un Nano in black textured leather and then the neuf in cognac. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship. The neuf did not really work out for me so I have since gifted it to my mum as it suits her aesthetic more. I've been curating my handbag collection and felt I needed a tan or brown bag so I recently got the Un nano in the camel smooth leather.
I was really disappointed in the quality of the bag. The flap was uneven and there were a few scratches on the bag. I repackaged it the same day and posted it back to Polene as soon as I received the return slip.
I use my black Un Nano as my everyday bag and it had held up really nicely since I got it 2 years ago. I'm just disappointed that the quality of Polene may be going down.

Screenshot_20230510_184032_Photos~2.jpg