Polène handbags

This lilac color IS quite difficult to capture - I tried taking some shotgun portraits and I would say the color is somewhere between the two (one is natural overcast light as iPhone "sees" it, which is more yellow than IRL and another one is dimmer natural light with some filtering which makes it a bit darker). It's not a true lilac, more like blush with some purple undertone? In the mod shot, the strap is pretty much at max length and I am just shy of 5 ft 9.View attachment 5219240
View attachment 5219241
View attachment 5219242
You are so nice!! Thank you for posting those pics! It looks sooo pretty i might have to go for it!

Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could offer any suggestions. I recently made my first purchase on the Polene site about a week ago, my tracking status has not changed in this time and just says "order confirmed". customer service has not been helpful and I just received a generic message about how they are currently having logistics issues and my order has not shipped. Has anyone else had an experience like this with Polene?

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could offer any suggestions. I recently made my first purchase on the Polene site about a week ago, my tracking status has not changed in this time and just says "order confirmed". customer service has not been helpful and I just received a generic message about how they are currently having logistics issues and my order has not shipped. Has anyone else had an experience like this with Polene?
Congrats to your new bag! :tup: Which one did you order?
Usually Polène ships within 2-4 business days, but if they’re having logistic problems right now, it may take longer. I would wait another 3-4 days then write to them again asking about the status again. But I guess there’s not much you can do about it, maybe cancel the order if you’re really annoyed. I’m sorry your first experience with Polène is like this :frown:.

For anyone who has purchased directly from the Polène website, how long did it take them to actually ship your purchase? I ordered one of the cyme bags over a week ago, got the confirmation email but nothing from them since. I even emailed them about ETA on shipment with no response and it’s been almost 3 days now. I live on the East Coast of US if that matters…

Hi all!! :smile:

As promised, I’m back to share my initial thoughts and impressions on the Polene Umi. Prior to this, I have owned the Un Mini, Neuf and Sept Mini.

First thoughts on the leather: it smells different from the other bags I’ve received from Polene!! Not in a bad way, just different. However, quality is still amazing and my bag arrived in pristine condition.

For your reference, the colour I’ve purchased is in Clay. The colour is difficult to truly capture, but I would say it’s true to its name and the colour is not the same as my Neuf in Taupe (this is browner). I’ll share colour comparisons when I have the bag next to each other!

I was pretty worried about the size because it looked pretty big as a shoulder bag on the model. It turns out to be true! It’s quite big on my frame (I’m 5”1, 45kg), and I’ve attached a few reference pics. I still think it looks cute though! But it is not a small bag by any means.

A few ‘cons’ of the bag (but I wouldn’t say they’re deal breakers):

- I find it quite hefty by nature! In comparison, I feel like the Neuf feels lighter but it might be because the leather on the Umi is more condensed onto a smaller frame :P

- the zipper is quite annoying because it gets in the way when you’re reaching into the bag (it’s kind of scratches you)

- the bag looks better on the left shoulder due to the adjustable strap which exposes all the punctured leather holes if you wore it on your right shoulder

But other than that, lovely bag and Polene never ceases to amaze me!

P.S. sorry about the messy backgrounds, my house is currently undergoing renovation :P6E6D4514-69C9-44DE-8993-EE16FDDE1B3C.jpeg12098057-2D8E-4111-96CC-C3D136FD052F.jpegCDFAF452-B105-474E-A5D9-7094C14A541A.jpeg97439BB3-77B1-4FAD-A671-C0042D100914.jpeg375C54E8-DBDF-473C-9351-5982EF3F5301.jpeg1B8B060F-DAB6-48D9-B795-B6E01566909E.jpeg2CEC9456-3BA1-4AF9-9D15-A625AFB77741.jpegFFC19FF4-175B-4C00-8B7C-F1EC5DB8A6AC.jpeg381FEB8E-098A-46EF-A7D4-6E751557FBD1.jpeg

Congrats to your new bag! :tup: Which one did you order?
Usually Polène ships within 2-4 business days, but if they’re having logistic problems right now, it may take longer. I would wait another 3-4 days then write to them again asking about the status again. But I guess there’s not much you can do about it, maybe cancel the order if you’re really annoyed. I’m sorry your first experience with Polène is like this :frown:.
Oh didn’t even notice your reply to the other user. The only difference is that I have not had any formal response from them at all…

Reactions: MaggieAnn
For anyone who has purchased directly from the Polène website, how long did it take them to actually ship your purchase? I ordered one of the cyme bags over a week ago, got the confirmation email but nothing from them since. I even emailed them about ETA on shipment with no response and it’s been almost 3 days now. I live on the East Coast of US if that matters…

My Umi shipped within a day after it was confirmed!

Reactions: MaggieAnn
Oh didn’t even notice your reply to the other user. The only difference is that I have not had any formal response from them at all…
Seems like Polène has some shipping problems at the moment. At least you’re not the only one, that’s kind of appeasing. But I think it’s strange that you haven’t even gotten a confirmation mail :huh: . What did the website say right after you ordered? Usually they give you a sentence like „your order has been accepted/confirmed“ or something like that. Have you payed via PayPal? Then you have affirmation that your order has been proceeded in some kind of way. Or did they already take money from your bank account / credit card?

Hi all!! :smile:

As promised, I’m back to share my initial thoughts and impressions on the Polene Umi. Prior to this, I have owned the Un Mini, Neuf and Sept Mini.

First thoughts on the leather: it smells different from the other bags I’ve received from Polene!! Not in a bad way, just different. However, quality is still amazing and my bag arrived in pristine condition.

For your reference, the colour I’ve purchased is in Clay. The colour is difficult to truly capture, but I would say it’s true to its name and the colour is not the same as my Neuf in Taupe (this is browner). I’ll share colour comparisons when I have the bag next to each other!

I was pretty worried about the size because it looked pretty big as a shoulder bag on the model. It turns out to be true! It’s quite big on my frame (I’m 5”1, 45kg), and I’ve attached a few reference pics. I still think it looks cute though! But it is not a small bag by any means.

A few ‘cons’ of the bag (but I wouldn’t say they’re deal breakers):

- I find it quite hefty by nature! In comparison, I feel like the Neuf feels lighter but it might be because the leather on the Umi is more condensed onto a smaller frame :P

- the zipper is quite annoying because it gets in the way when you’re reaching into the bag (it’s kind of scratches you)

- the bag looks better on the left shoulder due to the adjustable strap which exposes all the punctured leather holes if you wore it on your right shoulder

But other than that, lovely bag and Polene never ceases to amaze me!

P.S. sorry about the messy backgrounds, my house is currently undergoing renovation :PView attachment 5222483View attachment 5222484View attachment 5222485View attachment 5222486View attachment 5222487View attachment 5222488View attachment 5222489View attachment 5222490View attachment 5222491
:congrats:!!! :dothewave:
The Umi looks great on you!! :loveeyes:

Seems like Polène has some shipping problems at the moment. At least you’re not the only one, that’s kind of appeasing. But I think it’s strange that you haven’t even gotten a confirmation mail :huh: . What did the website say right after you ordered? Usually they give you a sentence like „your order has been accepted/confirmed“ or something like that. Have you payed via PayPal? Then you have affirmation that your order has been proceeded in some kind of way. Or did they already take money from your bank account / credit card?
I did get the confirmation email but nothing else. Just wasn’t sure if it took this long for a purchase to be shipped.