Polène handbags

I find the Polene terminology a bit confusing :-s

I love the "Full grained Textured Calf Leather" of the Numéro Un. I'm used to calling this type of leather surface "Pebbled" :love:.

I am not so fond of the criss-cross pattern of the "Textured Calf Leather" used on Numéro Un Nano. Which I would have called "Saffiano"...:hrmm:

(On the French language version of the website it is even more unclear,- "Cuir de veau grainé pleine fleur" versus "Cuir de veau pleine fleur grainé" :wtf::lol:)

Anyway, I wish they would make the Nano in the Pebbled / Full grained Textured Calf Leather :girlsigh:

Last edited:
I find the Polene terminology a bit confusing :-s

I love the "Full grained Textured Calf Leather" of the Numéro Un. I'm used to calling this type of leather surface "Pebbled" :love:.

I am not so fond of the criss-cross pattern of the "Textured Calf Leather" used on Numéro Un Nano. Which I would have called "Saffiano"...:hrmm:

(On the French language version of the website it is even more unclear,- "Cuir de veau grainé pleine fleur" versus "Cuir de veau pleine fleur grainé" :wtf::lol:)

Anyway, I wish they would make the Nano in the Pebbled / Full grained Textured Calf Leather :girlsigh:

True. I much prefer the look and feel of the smooth leather nano but I am thinking of also getting a nano in grained leather so I can be rougher on it and not worry about damage. I have always disliked the look of Saffiano but it does really come in handy for a work bag, which is how I use my nano. The mini has the pebbled leather! But it is a very different style so it's understandable if you're not into it. Kind of weird that they call that the Numero Un Mini when it's a different style to the other two sizes?? But Polene is confusing like that lol

Reactions: Fancyfree
For anyone that has an Numero Neuf, does the bottom droop when filled with stuff inside? I love how it looks in the photos, but worry about the bag changing shape and drooping once I put my things inside (not heavy stuff, just cardholder and small pouches). The return process seems to be a hassle so I don't want to buy it to try it out with the intention of returning if it doesn't work out.

I intend on wearing it mostly as crossbody.

Thanks very much :flowers:

Would you give me some advice on a color choice? Some time ago I bought my first Polene bag, Numero Sept. I really love it and decided that next one will be Un Nano and I had already decided on chalk as a color. Until those new colours came in. Now I am contemplating between chalk, moka and trio. I absolutely love the trio color and it has been always my favourite. But I am a bit unsure of the versatility of it, as I use quite neutral colours and the colors is really on the warm side. I have also seen some images where the color is always kind of little off in outfits and I feel it might be difficult to match on outfits. Any experience on the usability of this color? Moka seems like the best option for me but its smooth leather and I am worried it might scratch...and it feels so plain compared to trio. But main thing is that I want to easily match the bag to many things, and not to get bored of it. Any ideas what of the colors mentioned would be most versatile?

Would you give me some advice on a color choice? Some time ago I bought my first Polene bag, Numero Sept. I really love it and decided that next one will be Un Nano and I had already decided on chalk as a color. Until those new colours came in. Now I am contemplating between chalk, moka and trio. I absolutely love the trio color and it has been always my favourite. But I am a bit unsure of the versatility of it, as I use quite neutral colours and the colors is really on the warm side. I have also seen some images where the color is always kind of little off in outfits and I feel it might be difficult to match on outfits. Any experience on the usability of this color? Moka seems like the best option for me but its smooth leather and I am worried it might scratch...and it feels so plain compared to trio. But main thing is that I want to easily match the bag to many things, and not to get bored of it. Any ideas what of the colors mentioned would be most versatile?

It sounds like you prefer the trio. I think you should go for it! Out of the three options I think that one is definitely the most striking. But its absolutely a neutral and I think it would go with everything. I don't think it's too warm at all. The Polene Numero Un is such a cool design and I think the trio highlights it well. You will definitely get compliments on that bag.

Hi!! I just wanted to share my beautiful new taupe pebbled leather numero un nano that just came in the mail! It is such a cute little bag. The leather feels very durable and is softer than the pictures make it appear. It arrived to Canada pretty quickly (4-5 days from ordering), I was tracking it like a hawk and it bounced through so many airports. It ultimately arrived in perfect condition and was nicely packaged. I'm itching to go out and use it! An FYI for others in Canada who may be wondering - I paid $58 in duties. It was an easy online payment to the DHL website.
IMG_20210223_154344.jpg
IMG_20210223_161008.jpg

Hi!! I just wanted to share my beautiful new taupe pebbled leather numero un nano that just came in the mail! It is such a cute little bag. The leather feels very durable and is softer than the pictures make it appear. It arrived to Canada pretty quickly (4-5 days from ordering), I was tracking it like a hawk and it bounced through so many airports. It ultimately arrived in perfect condition and was nicely packaged. I'm itching to go out and use it! An FYI for others in Canada who may be wondering - I paid $58 in duties. It was an easy online payment to the DHL website.
View attachment 4999992
View attachment 4999993

Lovely colour! Will definitely go with everything and the leather should be quite hard-wearing too.

View attachment 4999992
View attachment 4999993
What a cutie! Love the neutral tone. Is it $58 USD or CAD for the customs? And did you use the euro or USD currency when checking out? Thank you :flowers:

I recently purchased a regular sized Numero Un and is trying to have an estimate of how much customs I’m likely have to pay.

What a cutie! Love the neutral tone. Is it $58 USD or CAD for the customs? And did you use the euro or USD currency when checking out? Thank you :flowers:

I recently purchased a regular sized Numero Un and is trying to have an estimate of how much customs I’m likely have to pay.

It's CAD! I ordered from the EUD site as I read on the forum that the duties are cheaper.