Polène handbags

afroken

O.G.
Apr 7, 2011
Hello Polène Fans,
I read that a lot of you - like me - struggle with the chain strap of the numero un mini bag. While beautiful, it causes discomfort up to the point where it is no fun to wear anymore.
Inspired by all of your good feedback on Polène's customer service I actually contacted them twice about additional straps. I have the bag in rouge, so it was very important to me to get the color right.
The first time around back in July, they told me they are currently working on it an it will be available in September. But nothing ever happened.
Last week I wrote to them again and immediately got feedback: they now have a strap available for 25€ (21€+Tax). They did not supply a picture in the response, neither could I find the piece online. I nevertheless ordered it (free express shipping in Europe) and just received it: I am more than happy!!! It's not a strap but a protective piece of leather to be added to the strap, which I personally find way better as it does not change the character of the bag. It is just long enough to cover my should against the chain and it is 100% the correct color!
I am not sure if one can order it directly but the process through customer service went quick and smoothly. For just 25€ I could have not imagined a better fix and do hope this help those of you also bothered by the original strap.
Cheers!
Thanks so much for this info! The mini has been on my radar for a while now but the chain strap was the dealbreaker. Would you mind checking if the leather part moves around when the bag is worn? Or is it able to stay in place on your shoulder?

Thanks again :flowers:

Satcheldoll

Oct 5, 2015
Nebraska
I have been eyeing the Polene numero un nano, specifically in Nude, and I was wondering if anyone here has that bag in their collection? I would love to see more pictures of that color because everything online seems to be slightly off (filters, poor resolution). I would love to see what the Nude color looks like in sunlight!
Thank you so much!

Also if anyone here made their purchase from the US, could you let me know if you had to pay any duties/customs? Thank you!
I don’t have this color but I’m in the US and did not have to pay duties/customs. The price on the site is what you pay + shipping cost. I ordered during the Christmas holiday when they were offering free shipping.

holdalls

Oct 22, 2019
I have been eyeing the Polene numero un nano, specifically in Nude, and I was wondering if anyone here has that bag in their collection? I would love to see more pictures of that color because everything online seems to be slightly off (filters, poor resolution). I would love to see what the Nude color looks like in sunlight!
Thank you so much!

Also if anyone here made their purchase from the US, could you let me know if you had to pay any duties/customs? Thank you!
Hi, unless they changed the regulations recently, we (in the US) don't have to pay any customs or duties on shipments <$800. So, just make sure whatever you order comes out to less than $800 per package, and you should be fine (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Reactions: houseof999

samfalstaff

For crying out loud...
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
Hello Polène Fans,
I read that a lot of you - like me - struggle with the chain strap of the numero un mini bag. While beautiful, it causes discomfort up to the point where it is no fun to wear anymore.
Inspired by all of your good feedback on Polène's customer service I actually contacted them twice about additional straps. I have the bag in rouge, so it was very important to me to get the color right.
The first time around back in July, they told me they are currently working on it an it will be available in September. But nothing ever happened.
Last week I wrote to them again and immediately got feedback: they now have a strap available for 25€ (21€+Tax). They did not supply a picture in the response, neither could I find the piece online. I nevertheless ordered it (free express shipping in Europe) and just received it: I am more than happy!!! It's not a strap but a protective piece of leather to be added to the strap, which I personally find way better as it does not change the character of the bag. It is just long enough to cover my should against the chain and it is 100% the correct color!
I am not sure if one can order it directly but the process through customer service went quick and smoothly. For just 25€ I could have not imagined a better fix and do hope this help those of you also bothered by the original strap.
Cheers!
Does it have the same strap drop? It's very nice!

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
Agreed!! BTW: I would love to know where the clothes are from too! I'm totally into the minimalist clothing they're all wearing! I wish I knew!!
You could email their customer service and ask. Or ask in the Comments on their Instagram or FaceBook accounts.