Point of At(tack)

Cafebaby

I Love Louis
Jul 28, 2009
I just bought a Palermo on Wednesday August 5th. Since then, I've had two incidents that stained the Vachetta leather :wtf: First, my daughter was eating cake and left crumbs on the chair that I usually set my purse on while I'm typing away on the computer. Well, I picked up my bag and OOOOHHHH NOOOO, there were cake crumbs on the leather piping that surrounds the outer edge of the bottom. When I brushed them away, dark spots!! They were small, but I was going crazy. I knew I couldn't get the leather wet, that would make it worse. So, after I gathered my senses, I took the point of a thumb tack and gently scraped away at the stain, and it worked. No stain, and no mark on the leather. I guess my daughter can live!:shrugs: Then this morning, I got into the car with my purse and tote and all the other stuff I have to carry to work, and OH CRAP! :nuts: There was an indent and dark mark on the leaf shaped leather of the handle attachment. As soon as I got to work, again, I took the point of a tack and gently scraped at the mark with the same beautiful result! My bag is pristine again!! :yahoo: Anyone else try this?l

thumb tack?:nuts: jeeeez your a brave woman! glad it worked out for you

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I would have obsessed about it all day. I had to do something. It is really hard with this bag to adopt it as my bag fully because I can't throw it around and abuse like I'm used to doing. I really want it not to matter. In the meantime, repairing my bag brought me one step closer in our relationship. :smile:

I'm so careful with my leather I look like a crazy person....lol.

A few days ago after shopping I found a small black mark on the handle of alma. It was really driving me crazy....it didn't wipe off with fingers....then I tried scratching it off with my nail and it worked!!