podium vs waiting list

gemibebe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
Hi all, I know that there has been quite some discussion threads on podium and I've made the search, however, couldn't find an answer to my question.

I wonder what is the difference between podium order and the waiting list? I'll be able to place a podium order prob within this week. However, originally I was thinking about place an order at FSH in Sept when the waiting list is open? So is there any difference between these two orders? TIA!

well, from what i gather, there are orders where you place an order, and when it comes in they give you a call. then there's the list, in which they keep you in mind for a bag in a certain color or whatever, and should it come in, you get offered it.

i feel like they overlap and the differences are miniscule.

as for podium and whatnot, i believe podium orders have closed now, and it's just SO's that are being taken. If the waiting list = podium/special orders, then they would open/close when the orders are being taken, and i think it'll be closed again in Sept, and won't open again until February.

but this is just what i gather from little bits and pieces i know. i'm sure some of the other more knowledgeable members can give you a more comprehensive description.

Podium orders are basically just store inventory orders. The SM's go to their twice-yearly congregation of all SMs in the world, they see what HQ is producing for the next season, and they order accordingly for their stores.

We get to place POs because, when we tell our SMs what we'd like to buy (for me, example, I wanted a 30 Rouge Garrance Birkin), they go with a list of what their customers will like to have. So, if RG was offered at this podium, my SM would go "Oh, I have a customer who'd like that, I'll place an order for it". And so there goes a quota for the store.

So while POs are important to us, the customer, because it means that the SM is shopping with us in mind, there really isn't anything special to the process (as compared to an SO), since they just pick and choose from the offerings that FSH gives them.

A wait list, I feel, is a master list of what all customers would like to have. They try to tick off as many orders as they possibly can, but I suspect their prioritize so their better customers get to the top of the list, and the SMs shop accordingly to these wishes and wants. After all, no SM wants to be buying stuff for their store that nobody wants to buy. So they might as well order things that customers have already expressed an interest in.

^^^
this would also meant that there actually isn´t any "list" (that is open or closed), since they will just order away from what their customers have expressed interest in.

When a SM places POs, she is ordering it for you, you get the bag when it comes in. The SM also orders bags for the store. There is a list of these items. You can ask your SA to put your name down next to a particular bag and, when it comes in, they will call and see if you want it. If you don't, they call the next person who had expressed interest in it. It works like this for shawls and other items as well at my store.

I am guessing that the "list" is comprised of people who wish to make a PO, when the next one comes up?

lulilu, that is also my understanding of a "list".

I suspect that besides that, the list is also a brilliant marketing strategy to create an "aura" around H's most popular products :biggrin: