PO'd at LV SA Service so Passing on IKAT Stole

haven

Jul 4, 2008
I just need to vent, and then I will start dinner for the kids.

In brief, I was interested in purchasing one of the new IKAT stoles. I wanted to order it either online (which I don't think will happen) or over the phone b/c I am too busy to stop by a boutique this weekend.

My regular SA doesn't have any in stock at her store, so I started calling around. I just wanted some basic info and asked questions without giving my name.

Let me say this first... You would think that I was asking LV SAs to divulge secrets about the US military operations in the Middle East, what actually is stored in Area 51, the inner workings of the CIA, etc...

First they almost denied the existance of this stole. Then they were extremely vague about whether they had one in the store. When it was finally revealed that they had one in stock, I asked if I could purchase it & have it sent to my house. Then I was interrogated again. Had I purchased any LV items before? Did I make any purchases within the last year? Within the last month? And on and on and on... I ended up saying thank you - but no thank you - and hung up.

No customers should be treated this way. I don't care whether you are a VIC or buying your first LV.

Rant finished!

Last edited:
that really sux! i dont get why info is such hush hush & inconsistent w/ LV. its really not that serious...

you wanted to buy a stole, not apply for a job there hence the interview was unnecessary. they could have easily asked for your name & looked it up in the computer to find out your purchase history. i've had this happen to me & its quite annoying. use your tools LV! why keep a customer's purchase history if you dont plan on using it?

How rude and stupid of those stores to act like that! Can you tell us which stores they were so I can avoid them?

Sure thing. Main Culprit - South Coast Plaza LV in CM, California. What is ridiculous is that I had just been in that store a couple of weeks ago, they ushered me into the private shopping area upstairs, offered me drinks, etc... Now I call on the phone just to ask some info, and I get the third degree. I didn't give my info from the beginning, so they didn't know my shopping history at first or exactly who I was. But that really shouldn't matter IMO. I shouldn't have to "prove" my LV buying history before I get decent customer service. Like I said before, whether this was my LV or my 1,000th LV the SAs need to respect the customer.

i don't see what the big deal was with revealing info to you. sorry you're having such a bad day. good luck with dinner :flowers:

My issue is not necessarily revealing the info needed to purchase the stole. My issue was with the runaround that I got about the stole to begin with - before she even got to asking about my info. Then by the time that the questions about my purchase history started, I must admit that I was already fed up. Trying to find out if the stole was in stock at the boutique, after being placed on hold for ten minutes, was like trying to ask about the possibilty of something that "they could neither confirm nor deny."

Last edited:
Sorry you had to deal with them. Sounds aggravating. Oftentimes, people give you the runaround when they don't know details about an item and want to get rid of you. Please don't let those SAs ruin your enjoyment of the scarf if you really want it. I'd call 1800 and have them arrange the shipment through the boutique or call tomorrow and speak with a different SA.

Sorry you had to deal with them. Sounds aggravating. Oftentimes, people give you the runaround when they don't know details about an item and want to get rid of you. Please don't let those SAs ruin your enjoyment of the scarf if you really want it. I'd call 1800 and have them arrange the shipment through the boutique or call tomorrow and speak with a different SA.

Thank you for the advice.

Hey Howard, LVMH should hire you as their PR. You give great advice and I love how you're always so positive about everything. I seldom see you being judgemental in TPF. :tup:Hope I'm not being too straightforward but compliments should be given where it's due.:woohoo:

Haven - Do you think it could be due to the shortage of stock which prompted these SA to give priorities to regular customers. Thus, the interrogation? Hmmm.....but then, it was done in bad taste.

What IS this new question I just started to hear like the OP - have you purchased anything from LV in the last year? Yes, look me up. Oh, yes I see, well nothing will be a problem for you, sir....I'm thinking, should it be a problem for anyone that wants to purchase from you? I'm assuming it must be the shortage, because I was doing a charge-send, so maybe they will only do that for someone who has purchased in the last year...

I have heard others with the same story and questions. I think it is to attempt to lessen the risk of fraud. Sorry you had a bad experience but on a more positive note, if someone would have tried to purchase with your information fraudulently they would not have succeeded.