Scarves Pocket square chic? LOVE EM? Show us how to do it!!

Question about 45 size - I have never bought this size and curious what the consensus is on them? Neither fish not fowl as they say or more versatile than a twilly as an accessory but is it wearable on the neck? Liking the 2 detail scarves but hesitating on the size. Thanks.

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Question about 45 size - I have never bought this size and curious what the consensus is on them? Neither fish not fowl as they say or more versatile than a twilly as an accessory but is it wearable on the neck? Liking the 2 detail scarves but hesitating on the size. Thanks.
It depends on your preferences - and also your physical complexion IMO. I am tall with long extremities, so all small formats look rather funny on me (like a small dog collar around my neck:smile: I prefer larger formats 140 and maxi twilly to balance my proportions. I do own a few garvroches which I wear on occasion in warm weather on my neck but they are hardly my working horse. But someone of petite stature - they look wonderful and stylish on. I don't use them as accessories for bags, bracelets, etc.
If you want to try, get one and see if you like it. Maybe get one second hand without shelling out a full price for something you are not sure about - maybe you will love it!

It depends on your preferences - and also your physical complexion IMO. I am tall with long extremities, so all small formats look rather funny on me (like a small dog collar around my neck:smile: I prefer larger formats 140 and maxi twilly to balance my proportions. I do own a few garvroches which I wear on occasion in warm weather on my neck but they are hardly my working horse. But someone of petite stature - they look wonderful and stylish on. I don't use them as accessories for bags, bracelets, etc.
If you want to try, get one and see if you like it. Maybe get one second hand without shelling out a full price for something you are not sure about - maybe you will love it!
Thanks for your feedback. I am probably somewhere in the middle stature-wise. I definitely lean towards 90 & 140 cashmere but bought a few 70's that I like and am trying to visualize the scale. I too wonder if they would look odd tied around my neck.

Thanks for your feedback. I am probably somewhere in the middle stature-wise. I definitely lean towards 90 & 140 cashmere but bought a few 70's that I like and am trying to visualize the scale. I too wonder if they would look odd tied around my neck.
I find that the bandana format is more versatile - but I don't always like the designs they come in:smile: I wish they would issue all gavroche designs in bandana size.:smile:

I would like to add to @Ashanti_Rose 's comments. How a 45 looks can also depend on your neck size. I think they tie much better on slim necks. I'm older, and my neck is thicker than when I was younger, and these tiny scarves will look tight. Now, doubling the 45s works fine.

I like to tie a 45 on my bags from time to time. (Not "Twilly wrap style on a handle" but just "free hanging" if that makes sense.) If it is too hot to wear a scarf around my neck, this is a fun way to add a pop of color.

Editing to add: I will cross-post to the how-to thread. Apologies.
Adding my two cents to the good suggestions above. I also use them as a "front belt" tied through the front loops of my jeans or pants with my top in a front tuck and loose around the sides.
Poste et Cavalier .jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback! Not sure if this is a size for me although I like the detail scarves of the 2 new styles.

Maybe this thread can give you some inspiration? ;)

I would like to add to @Ashanti_Rose 's comments. How a 45 looks can also depend on your neck size. I think they tie much better on slim necks. I'm older, and my neck is thicker than when I was younger, and these tiny scarves will look tight. Now, doubling the 45s works fine.
RBH, they are really small - even for those with slim necks. I think mors ring is a good solution to extend it...