Pochette NM v. Eva Clutch? DE v Mono?

BBNJ

Apr 30, 2014
If you had only one small bag, would you prefer a Pochette NM or Eva Clutch? I would like to keep it inside a larger bag and then use it for dinner or if I need a small cross body. Which print is more versatile--DE or Mono?

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
Ventura County, CA
I also have Eva in DE. I was looking to buy a pochette at the time to keep in my bigger bags but the opportunity to buy Eva at a great price came up so I grabbed it. I never keep it in my larger bags as I wouldn't want the plate to get more scratched. I love that bag!!

LVoer_Girl

May 12, 2014
My vote is for DE Eva. I don't know why they don't put the plate on the monogram Eva - instead they have that tiny little plate which is cute, but the big plate gives this little bag a little je ne sais quoi.

BBNJ

Apr 30, 2014
I knew I would get great advice. Looks like Eva DE is a much loved piece! Do you think it can also be worn casually or is it too dressy?

Jan 3, 2011
Washington DC
I'm going to vote for the mono Eva, I love the little plate, it is a tiny bag after all. I want the DE too but I'd worry about the plate scratching if you're going to toss it in a larger bag. Although for the mono, I'd worry about the vachetta piping.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure the Eva is a toss in another bag kinda clutch. She's just too fabulous! Maybe the pochette is a better bet. I have a DA that I throw around inside my NF and when I want to wear it crossbody I just take the strap from my mono Eva.

BBNJ

Apr 30, 2014
Thanks so much everyone! I'm leaning towards the Eva now. I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'll let you know what I decided.

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
I knew I would get great advice. Looks like Eva DE is a much loved piece! Do you think it can also be worn casually or is it too dressy?
From what I've seen, the DE Eva is very versatile. It can be worn casual or dressy!

CornishMon

Be Blessed, MoNikki
Apr 30, 2014
Actually did a test and the Pouchette NM holds more than the Eva comfortably and there is a pocket. So I say Pouchette. I know a little different.

Pavla

Dec 28, 2010
Europe
I see that you are leaning to Eva ~ great choice. I had both, first in mono and then after two years I bought Eva in DE. I found that since then my mono Eva was still sleeping in the dustbag. I prefer the smaller plate which is on mono. But I was afraid of the vachetta strap, so I used DE Eva more. And DE is such a beautiful rich chocolate brown colour.... My mono Eva is sold, I kept only DE Eva.
Good luck deciding!