Pochette Metis

May 18, 2015
Hi all

I was watching a video on YouTube (Chase Amie) and she said something about the Pochette Metin that stuck with me. She said that, for her, the PM felt too formal to wear with casual outfits, and too casual to wear with formal outfits. Do you agree? How do you style the PM?

FS

I guess everybody has their own way of defining what constitutes "formal" but I would have never used that adjective to describe the PM. If people can wear a classic Chanel flap with jeans and other casual outfits I don't see how the PM would be considered too formal.

I guess everybody has their own way of defining what constitutes "formal" but I would have never used that adjective to describe the PM. If people can wear a classic Chanel flap with jeans and other casual outfits I don't see how the PM would be considered too formal.
Completely agree. Imo, there's no way a canvas bag could ever be classed as "formal". Even more so once paired with a casual outfit.

that's a casual bag. i can maybe see it being 'too formal' for casual clothes if you wear it by the handle alone and hand-carry it. anytime you hand-carry a bag it somehow elevates it. maybe that's how she visualized it?

Search the metis on Instagram for amazing styling. The Pochette Metis is a Parisian-Chic, urban cool cross body that loves ripped denim, a tweed cropped Chanel-esque jacket and booties. Or a little mini dress and K Jacques sandals. Or skinny jeans, white tee and leather jacket. It's high-fashion fab!

The one thing I have learnt from watching You tube super stars (Jerusha, Amie, CC) is they are only providing opinions on what they love and what works for them. One day they absolutely love some bag (and we get into a tizzy thinking wow that's for me, at least I do). A year later that bag no longer works for them and they have sold it. So now, while I still watch their videos, I just take it with a grain of salt and really try to determine if this bag is for me and will fit my lifestyle - after all I can't buy and sell as frequently as them.

I find the Pochette Metis to be really versatile, actually. Obviously it's not going to be taken to a wedding or other cocktail-attired event, but it certainly works for any outfit from something as simple and casual as jeans and a tee to a classic button-down + cropped black pants + oxfords.

There are very few "formal" LV bags... The PM is a classy, casual bag and looks perfect with almost everything. If I'm dressing formal, though I'm carrying some type of formal clutch, I've never seen someone in a formal situation with a crossbody bag...

Reactions: Cattyyellow
I think a canvas bag can be formal such as the eva, the alma bb without the strap, the favorite and I think the PM can be if used without the strap. I just used my bag at a formal LV event and I think it looked just fine. I also find it to be a nice casual bag, it's all about how you style it.

image.jpg image.jpg