Pochette Métis - would you buy it again?

Daisy22

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
hi,

I recently saw the discussion of problems with the Pochette Métis in the PM clubhouse and was wondering if owners would buy it again knowing of the problems, or if those who don't own it would still take the chance of buying it?

I had planned to buy a Pochette Métis before the price increase but am now thinking I should pass and maybe get the Turenne PM.

Thoughts? Experiences?

TIA

I am very interested to hear responses to Daisy22. I just bought the PM and I still have a few days to return it. It really does concern me that it is due to the way the bag is made. That makes me feel it isn't fixable and as much as I love it- that is too much money for me if it's a design flaw. I really want to resolve this before my time to return is up and before the price increase. Thanks!!!!!

I love mine and wear it all the time. It's a beautiful bag and so practical to use. I actually bought and sold it twice (!) because I needed the funds at the time so I can safely say I would buy it again- :smile: -mind you I've never bought a bag I had sold before. The quality issue is scary but hopefully it only happens to a few bags and not to the majority.

The best bag ever!
I love it the most out of about 40 LV bags I have ATM, and I have been using it almost non stop since I got it two months ago.
Then I saw the post in clubhouse, my new pm is doing the same thing as other gals mentioned, one side of glazing is already peeling due to yhe hardwear rubbing against it.
Then again, most of the bags & wallets i purchased whitin last year have been terrible, my ikat nf GM & mm, emp speedy, emp wallet, emilie wallet in fuschia and now Pochette metis. They all have glazing problems. Not too many of my older bags or slgs did this. Very unhappy with LV right now. My ikat nf mm came back from repair and it is already melting. So...I am hesitating to even call LV for my problems I am having with their products. I am ready to call it quit!!

It happened while wearing it crossbody not wearing it over the shoulder while walking...the clasp rubs against the corner area that way causing friction. i guess it separates the glazing over time. Again, I wore mine non stop for 5 days straight walking the city of Boston..day and night. So why buy a bag you can't wear for long outings? ..idk, im sorry I'm venting and still upset over it doing this. LV needs to perfect the glazing issues that split and peel to adhere better to the bags..I still love the bag and its functionality and I will continue wearing it...I got so many compliments on it while shopping and walking around the city.. i'd just be careful while walking with it for long periods of time...Or wear it over the shoulder only because the clasp doesn't rub against the corner that way.

Last edited:
It happened while wearing it crossbody not wearing it over the shoulder while walking...the clasp rubs against the corner area that way causing friction. i guess it separates the glazing over time. Again, I wore mine non stop for 5 days straight walking the city of Boston..day and night. So why buy a bag you can't wear for long outings? ..idk, im sorry I'm venting and still upset over it doing this. LV needs to perfect the glazing issues that split and peel to adhere better to the bags..I still love the bag and its functionality and I will continue wearing it...I got so many compliments on it while shopping and walking around the city.. i'd just be careful while walking with it for long periods of time...Or wear it over the shoulder only because the clasp doesn't rub against the corner that way.

Wow! I am so sorry you are having issues with your bag!
I had no idea there were any issues with the PM...I've had mine almost a year and so far no issues..I don't use it as an every day bag but have used it a bit....Are there any bags out there that are not having issues?

hi,

I recently saw the discussion of problems with the Pochette Métis in the PM clubhouse and was wondering if owners would buy it again knowing of the problems, or if those who don't own it would still take the chance of buying it?

I had planned to buy a Pochette Métis before the price increase but am now thinking I should pass and maybe get the Turenne PM.

Thoughts? Experiences?

TIA
I would purchase it knowing there is an issue with glazing. I purchased mine about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. If I run into any issues I will take it to LV for repair. Hopefully LV can resolve the issue with their glazing.