Pochette Métis - what to get?

Jill N

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
I’m looking at getting either the monogram or the reverse. Any suggestions or comments? I’m basically always wearing black and leggings. Is the reverse something people get sick of? Thought it’s different since I have all the pouches and backpacks in monogram. Thanks

I had a reverse and empreinte (noir). Sold the monogram and kept the empreinte. As much as I love the look of the reverse, I found it difficult to style with my wardrobe.

I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago and in the end went with reverse. It’s fuss free with black leather compared to vachetta. Also i already have other bags and SLGs in mono so a reverse was a good option to diversify my collection. I’ve since worn it with everything I would normally wear (lots of colour and prints!!!) and also in rainy weather without a worry.

Reactions: JD1123 and bubablu
I went with the monogram in the end as I couldn’t wear the reverse with my everyday clothes. If only they did a monogram with the black leather that would be my ideal. I would say if you can style the reverse then to go with it as they both are beautiful bags

I have the mono. The vachetta is high maintenance (you should protect it with apple guard or something similar), but otherwise mono is a classic and timeless look! I didn't like the reverse in person and thought I'd get sick of it, but some people do really like it and get good wear out of it.

I think the noir is stunning, and I was deciding between the mono and noir and ultimately chose the mono. The noir is a little pricier but it looks less casual and can transition into evening easier whereas I'd have a hard time doing so with the mono... Since you already have a bunch of things in mono, I think noir would be a good addition to your collection. You have to pick the one that makes your heart skip a beat (lol). What's your gut telling you?

Reactions: Kellybuzzbuzz
I have the monogram and empreinte noir. I get the most use out of my empreinte due to it being more understated.

It wears beautifully and I haven't noticed any major wear or cracking etc. I use this as my everyday bag, occasionally swapping it for my Coach Cassie.

I didn't do anything to my vachetta on my monogram PM except wipe it with a damp white cloth to start and there are no major watermarks from carrying it in the rain. It also has no wear except on the s-lock which is a given.

Can't wait to see what you pick!

If anyone wants a monogram with a black handle :smile: and red interior!

If I didn't already have the mono I would have considered this

Thanks for all your feedback. So I ended up with the reverse Métis. I did want to change it up and bought the BANDOULIÈRE black strap to make it different. The pouch in the front annoys me so I moved it into the side clip. To spend $900 on a strap yes is a lot but I think it makes the bag different. I love it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 06CE0883-718A-4BDD-931D-1A5AD72D45BE.jpeg
    06CE0883-718A-4BDD-931D-1A5AD72D45BE.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 9EDC8648-46F7-46D8-BF10-7FE9A3C0EF52.jpeg
    9EDC8648-46F7-46D8-BF10-7FE9A3C0EF52.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 78