Pochette Metis wait list?

I've been saving for months for a new bag and had my heart set on the PM. I was told when I called customer service that this bag has a 6-9 month wait list?? Has anyone else been told this?
What really?!?! Oh my god then I will keep going on my wishlist with the other bags.. but I will put my name for the Metis @ the waitlist. :sad:

Keep calling! I called one day and they had a store that had it, but I wasn't a 100% sure I wanted to go that small. The next day I called and they had a few in stock. I thought it was a joke or maybe it was a fake bag. They said a few are coming in slowly but in July I know they are getting a shipment. I got mine but I debating on it because it is small. I use my Neverfull GM everyday. Are you going to use the Pochette as an everyday bag? That's what I am trying to do, and then thought about the Odeon. Any advice?

When I went on the waiting list in Feb, they wouldn't say how long the wait was going to be. Just that there were a lot of people on the list... I got a call a few weeks later (totally unexpected) to collect my PM mono reverse. It was the only one in the store. I don't know if the scarcity is by design or because the PM is victim of its own success. I wonder if the bigger stores have a better chance of getting one.

Just offer to pay a deposit for it and wait. These timeframes are usually more dramatic than it should be but do expect to wait a couple of weeks as the worst case before you can get your PM.

Reactions: fabuleux
I was put on the waitlist for the mono PM sometime in mid to late March, and I got a call from my SA that it was ready this last Saturday so I picked it up on Sunday. (There was someone ahead of me, but they didn't come within the 48 hour time period). I think they are a little overdramatic in terms of saying how long it will take. I was told there were 500 people on the waitlist. Like @Tropezienne mentioned, it depends on the store locations too and bigger stores might get if first. Don't give up. I called the 866# too and they always tell a different story. I think it helps to talk to someone directly at a store too.

It is really strange to me because they'll say they have a list and then you'll show up randomly at a store and they will have one. This is what happened to me, I went in for a wallet and my SA mentioned this metis he had just received. I bought it on the spot. Why not offer it to the people on the list though? I have no clue. This was in Paris, maybe they have a different policy in other countries.
I would try online if I were you. Good luck :smile:

I think they sometimes provide a longer timeframe just to cover themselves - I used to do the same at my old job if I was transferring a piece of jewelry or a watch from a different location, it would normally only take 1 business day but I'd always say up up to 3 (just in case there were any unforeseen circumstances). In regards to the PM, I was told the waitlist was approximately 3 months in my city but I knew I'd be traveling at the time so I thought I'd try my luck while on vacation. I'd actually had the SM transfer a couple other bags for me at the LV in the city I was visiting but didn't even think to ask about the PM because I'd lost hope. When I walked in they had two PMs on display.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I'm in Germany, and my boutique has a 4+ week pre-order list on the PM. It's not even a waiting list because you have to pay a full deposit for the bag.

When I was at the store yesterday, I asked the SA to check it for me. There were more than 30 people ahead of me, all the way back to March 21 :sad:

I talked to CS today. I asked the CS guy to look something up and he said "I usually don't comment on purchases but HOW did you get a Pochette Metis?! It's like gold!" He said there are over 800 people on waitlists that's a year long. But that being said, there are anomalies like me and a few others who snagged them from the LV site in the 10 days!
He also said he doesn't even check inventory for the PM when people call because they never have them so....if you call, I'd be sure to insist they check and double check. :heart:

i was in my local (US) store two months ago and they had 4 in a drawer. maybe they were on hold for people, but they're not as golden as CS has us believe. and keep checking online - the online 'store' is its own entity so the inventory is separate from the stores and they fulfill the orders differently. i got a reverse with no wait, just 'place in cart' one day.