Pochette Metis - Undecided. Help!

EJsMommy1

Apr 30, 2016
Hello to all! For a while now i've been eye'ing the Pochette Metis and have yet to even try on the bag in person lol. The Pochette Metis club definitely made that beautiful bag grow on to me. With fall and winter approaching, I just can't seem to decide whether to try and get the Mono or the Empreinte Noir! Is the Mono hard to wear with casual outfits?? Do you feel it can go with just about anything? I feel that the Empreinte would match more, then again when I see photos of the Mono I end up leaning towards it all over again lol. I know there is a price difference of about $300, and that's what also makes me wonder if purchasing the Empreinte PM is even worth it. I don't want to spend so much money on a bag that will look rather plain.. however when I see the photos up close especially of the deep embossing, it just looks so gorgeous!! Ahh sorry for the back and forth and rambling on lol - Which Pochette Metis would you get and why?? Thanks in advance to any responses :smile:

sold my mono PM for empreinte PM in noir. No regrets. The strap is much more comfortable. I did love the mono PM even though I had to get it reglazed once for the glazing defect and i felt that mono did match with pretty much everything I normally wear. I am a very casual dresser. Think mom attire - jeans and yoga pants. The PM in empreinte noir is anything but plain and boring to me. It looks very luxe and I thought the $300 was very much worth it. HTH

I have the Mono and love it, goes with any casual outfit I've worn and gets compliments. I tried the pm empreinte and found the strap soft and comfortable but also feel this is a casual style. I find them a bit plain but if you like an understated LV that people don't notice as much then go for that. I am tempted to get it in the new rose colour as it's so beautful but if I had to choose between the mono and that, I'd choose mono

I had it in the reverse. It didn't look good on me crossbody or shoulder carry. It wasn't flattering on my figure made me look fatter than I am. I'm only 5ft 1inch & 6stone 10lbs. It looked fine on me hand held. But I think the boxy shape suits taller girls better if worn crossbody. It's a lovely looking bag. I prefer the mono version, the vachetta details adds to it gives it more character and interest.

Reactions: onlyk
IMG_4569.jpg I am in in love with mine in Empreinte Noir. I am a VERY casual, simple woman, short, a bit stubby. I definitely do not think it looks boxy on me. But then again, I wear it for me and nobody else. I love the mono and the reverse mono too, but when I saw the empriente noir I about fell over! Dress it up with any bandeau or scarf or wear as is. I also bought the adjustable monogram with black leather wide strap and it looks gorgeous on it, kinda makes it a bit more casual looking, but classy. Hope this helps you make a decision that makes YOU happy!

Last edited:
I am in in love with mine in Empreinte Noir. I am a VERY casual, simple woman, short, a bit stubby. I definitely do not think it looks boxy on me. But then again, I wear it for me and nobody else. I love the mono and the reverse mono too, but when I saw the empriente noir I about fell over! Dress it up with any bandeau or scarf or wear as is. I also bought the adjustable monogram with black leather wide strap and it looks gorgeous on it, kinda makes it a bit more casual looking, but classy. Hope this helps you make a decision that makes YOU happy!
HAHA same here. I'm short and a little stubby, too. The PM is a boxy design. So, whether empreinte or canvas, it will look boxy. I find that part of the charm of the PM's design. And, as far as it making me look fatter *shrugs* A purse isn't going to make me actually look fatter. My body does.

HAHA same here. I'm short and a little stubby, too. The PM is a boxy design. So, whether empreinte or canvas, it will look boxy. I find that part of the charm of the PM's design. And, as far as it making me look fatter *shrugs* A purse isn't going to make me actually look fatter. My body does.
Hahaha! So true! When that purse is found by someone that makes you appear slimmer put me on the list!

Sorry if I offended. :flowers:It wasn't meant to sound that way. I should clarify really. Being a shorty. The shortest setting on the strap hits me at the hip area. Having a short torso meant my waist is hidden by the boxiness of the the bag hence makes my hip and waist look the same width. I don't have boobs either. The bag just ends up disproportinate to my stature. You will Rock the bag better than I do.

Sorry if I offended. :flowers:It wasn't meant to sound that way. I should clarify really. Being a shorty. The shortest setting on the strap hits me at the hip area. Having a short torso meant my waist is hidden by the boxiness of the the bag hence makes my hip and waist look the same width. I don't have boobs either. The bag just ends up disproportinate to my stature. You will Rock the bag better than I do.
No!! LOL I wasn't offended. What matters is you buy what makes you feel good about yourself! PM might not make you feel that great and that's ok. Tons of other bags that you can rock that makes you feel wonderful!

I have the Mono and Reverse Mono. While LV has some lovely leather products, including the PM in Empreinte, when it comes to LV, I am just drawn more to their canvas for appearance and function. So, that was my choice. I think the Mono goes with a lot. I won't wear it with my "court attire" (i.e. my black suits), but I think it works fine with my business casual outfits and even with my less formal suits (i.e. an olive green or brown suit)....when handheld it looks like a tiny briefcase! And it is perfect with my casual attire (usually skinny jeans/leggings, shirt/sweater, ballet flats/boots). I prefer to either carry it handheld or cross body. I am 5'4" and <120 lbs and have no issue wearing it cross body.

I think you can't go wrong either way though. I love my PMs! They are small, but very comfortable, functional, and organized. And of course, very cute. They are among my favourite bags.

Last edited: