Pochette Metis strap too stiff?

While I've had the pochette metis since last summer, I haven't been using her regularly/daily until now and I've realized that I find the strap too stiff. Does anyone else feel the same way? Have you done anything to make it feel a bit better? Maybe you purchased a separate strap to use instead or conditioned the leather to make it soften faster than it would have naturally? I am just thinking things off the top of my head because I'm finding the strap somewhat uncomfortable which sucks because I love the bag otherwise.

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
Well you can't condition the "leather" because the strap is not leather, it's canvas, hence it being stiff. You could always buy a vachetta strap for it. Those are WAY softer.

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
Australia
I had the PM in mono 2015/16 model and yes mine was stiff. However, recently I was looking at the same bag and noticed a MUCH more Flexible strap. It's definitely changed!!

Reactions: Perplexed

j19

Julia
Apr 3, 2016
I have a monogram crossbody strap that I ordered for my pochette and I found it stiff st first, but after using it a lot it's better. If that doesn't work then I'd order a vachetta strap

Reactions: Perplexed

4purse

O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
United States
While I've had the pochette metis since last summer, I haven't been using her regularly/daily until now and I've realized that I find the strap too stiff. Does anyone else feel the same way? Have you done anything to make it feel a bit better? Maybe you purchased a separate strap to use instead or conditioned the leather to make it soften faster than it would have naturally? I am just thinking things off the top of my head because I'm finding the strap somewhat uncomfortable which sucks because I love the bag otherwise.
I also found the strap of the PM to be painfully stiff. I ended up returning my PM because of the strap and the canvas just was too stiff in this bag, it felt like a brick. I like the style but not the lack of comfort.

musk_plus

Feb 4, 2017
Berlin
I just bought the PM this month, it is produced on the 5th week of 2017. It has been only nearly a month but the bag is already softened, the strap is still stiff but less stiff than originally was. I think because the strap has double side canvas stitched together so it will take sometimes before it softens like the bag. If it does not, I will get a vachetta strap from Mcraft on Etsy. But I think for this bag if the strap is too soft then it cannot carry well also because it holds a lot and we tend to put a lot of small things in and that makes the bag heavy. A soft strap cannot hold too heavy bag.