Pochette Metis Strap short for anyone?

Apr 24, 2017
I just received my PM but the strap is a little uncomfortable wearing it crossbody. I'm a little taller than 5'7. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I really like this bag but don't want to be uncomfortable wearing it.
I had considered the Odeon but it's not a dressy/casual look like the PM. I see it more as just casual which is fine for everyday. Would the Odeon be better or is there a different strap for the PM? Advice or opinions would greatly be appreciated!

Addict2Labels

Apr 29, 2015
This is the exact reason I returned my noir pm. I have tried it with my emp. Speedy b strap and it's roughly the same length maybe adding about an inch total but that too is short for me. I'm curious if someone has solved this problem too. I would like the strap to be LV and without using any keychain or charm type extenders. Please team talls help us!

dmmiller

Feb 26, 2012
I am plus size and it is shorter than I would prefer, but I am just going to deal with it. I actually returned the odeon when I tried the PM. I believe the top of both bags hit me in the same area it's just odeon's bottom was longer. I am waiting for my 2nd PM noir today so hopefully this one is perfect. The SA did show me on other bags how to use the bag chains to extend straps on the alma bob so that is an option if I decide I want it longer later. It looked really pretty and much better than using just a chain.

Ruby2s

May 4, 2016
You can add a strap extender :smile:
It's called a key bolt holder
I've been looking for this little item but didn't know what exactly it was called or the item number. It is not on the U.S. site. Do you mind me asking what the price is?

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
I've been looking for this little item but didn't know what exactly it was called or the item number. It is not on the U.S. site. Do you mind me asking what the price is?

It's $205 in australia :smile:

Maybe you can use a bag charm if its not anymore available? Sorry, I didn't realise cause you can still find it in our website :sad:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2017
I am plus size and it is shorter than I would prefer, but I am just going to deal with it. I actually returned the odeon when I tried the PM. I believe the top of both bags hit me in the same area it's just odeon's bottom was longer. I am waiting for my 2nd PM noir today so hopefully this one is perfect. The SA did show me on other bags how to use the bag chains to extend straps on the alma bob so that is an option if I decide I want it longer later. It looked really pretty and much better than using just a chain.

Did the SA use any extenders or was it a different strap?

LuxxyLaa

Apr 23, 2017
I try to stay away from PM's due to the strap length's most of the time. I salvaged another LV clasp from an older LV strap that I had and used that to extend the length. Or what the above posters said, the strap extender. Wish I knew about that before I cut my clasp off my other strap :O

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I'm 5'4" so it hits me okay. I wonder if there are similar keyrings or clasps on etsy or mautto to extend the length for those who want it.

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
I'm 5'4" so it hits me okay. I wonder if there are similar keyrings or clasps on etsy or mautto to extend the length for those who want it.
I have seen some photos of LV owners using rings from Mautto to extend the length of their straps. Can't remember what thread though, sorry.

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
Anyway, in case this helps anyone with the "strap too short" issues, i attached photos to see th difference between the exterder and a bolt holder that I use as a charm for my speedy B. This charm is the lightest of all that I have seen in person and the smallest at that time. I like very simplistic things thats why. I like it on others but never on me for some reason.

Bought the extender for my alma ppm strap but now that she is in LV heaven, use it as a D ring for my long champ neo :smile:

Attachments

dmmiller

Feb 26, 2012
The
Did the SA use any extenders or was it a different strap?
The SA used one of the bag charm chains that had dangling LV symbols. It was something that you would would hang between the handmade for decoration on a speedy for example. It comes up on the US site as a bag charm chain. It looked really good on an Alma bb and added a few inches. With the charms it looked more like decoration than just a plain chain used out of necessity.

l8dbug

O.G.
Aug 26, 2008
I'm 5'6 & yes it feels too short as crossbody. I actually prefer carrying it with my short strap from the Montaigne mm. It stays better on my shoulder. If you want a true crossbody, you may want to check out something from the men's line. I love my district PM for crossbody.