Pochette Metis S Lock Wear & Tear

Jan 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

I searched the forum but didn't find a thread specific to this issue. Please direct me to a thread if it exists. I held off on buying the pochette metis for so long because of all the glazing issues, which I think they successfully fixed. I bought my new bag on Jan 21st and less than two weeks later on Feb 3rd I went back to show my s lock had already worn off and it didn't look gold anymore. They made it seem like this never happens to the s lock and I was too rough with it. I'm not talking about a scratches either. My s lock was in perfect condition with no scratches so far after two weeks and maybe three uses. The two buttons' gold plating had worn off and it showed the silver. I'm not picky if this happens after years of use but I only had my bag for two weeks and used it three times. My SA wasn't in on the day I went to LV, but LV took the bag and is replacing for a whole new s lock at no cost to me. They estimated it would take 3 weeks for me to get my bag back. I'm not mad, more worried this will happen again to me after two weeks with the new s lock.

Can anyone add if this has happened to your s lock and after how long? Is your s lock still gold plated after use and I got a defect? I'd appreciate any pictures. Allie Sevdalis did a youtube video on what's in my bag and she only had her pohcette metis for a month and the same thing happened to her with the gold plating wearing off quickly and looks silver.
Thanks!

Did you happen to take any pictures? My reverse PM s-lock is fine, been wearing it on weekends for over a month now.

No, it happened all too fast. I was in the store and they took it before I could think to take pictures. Attached is a pic of Allie's bag she had for a month (side note this is not my pic let me know if I can't keep it up). My bag didn't have the scratches but it did have the noticeable wear through of the gold plating similar to hers.

I'm glad you don't have any issues. Hopefully when I get it back with the new s lock I can use it and there are no problems. It's a great bag I had no complaints till I saw the gold plating.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3,256
Im reaching here, but there are two thoughts that come to mind...
It's possible something happened in the finishing process of the buttons i.e. Didn't get sealed?
Also, perhaps something on your hands/fingers contributed to the wearing off of the finished layer such as hand sanitizer, bleach wipes, hair product or something of the sort.
Not that my door hardware is LV, but they are oil rubbed bronze. However, the coating has worn off and is showing the brass underneath. I'm certain it's from my use of using bleach wipes to wipe them down/clean them.
Just a thought.
Sorry it happened, glad they are replacing them. Enjoy your PM.

*edit-I now see your photo post. Having seen it, it is odd as it's just a silver stripe on the top and just the tip. Gosh...who knows!

Reactions: christina86
Im reaching here, but there are two thoughts that come to mind...
It's possible something happened in the finishing process of the buttons i.e. Didn't get sealed?
Also, perhaps something on your hands/fingers contributed to the wearing off of the finished layer such as hand sanitizer, bleach wipes, hair product or something of the sort.
Not that my door hardware is LV, but they are oil rubbed bronze. However, the coating has worn off and is showing the brass underneath. I'm certain it's from my use of using bleach wipes to wipe them down/clean them.
Just a thought.
Sorry it happened, glad they are replacing them. Enjoy your PM.

I had the same thoughts and tried to think of what I was using on my hands but nothing came to mind except for after I wash my hands with soap I use a Kiehls hand lotion. It's winter and my hands get so dry. I'll be more aware when I get it back. Thanks!

Pochette Metis must be French for "problem child on crack". I love the look of the bag but it's chronically plagued by issues - whether it's glazing, bubbling canvas, print misalignment, premature cracking canvas, and hardware prematurely tarnishing or falling off. LV knows this, so I'm not sure why the SA seemed surprised, but it's great to hear that they're taking care of you and fixing your bag.

Pochette Metis must be French for "problem child on crack". I love the look of the bag but it's chronically plagued by issues - whether it's glazing, bubbling canvas, print misalignment, premature cracking canvas, and hardware prematurely tarnishing or falling off. LV knows this, so I'm not sure why the SA seemed surprised, but it's great to hear that they're taking care of you and fixing your bag.

Haha definitely the problem child! Maybe they didn't want to make a big deal in front of me like this happens all the time. They took it from me quickly and said they would fix it.

Just a little update for anyone who is curious. I called LV because it's been three weeks and I still didn't receive my bag back from repair. They originally told me it would only take three weeks. The bag's s lock was still in limbo because they were waiting for parts from Paris. This is where my patience wore thin. I explained to them I only owned the bag for two weeks before bringing it in due to the problem and I didn't want to wait anymore. I asked kindly for a new bag or at least for them to expedite the shipping of the part from Paris. They told me they were "fixing" it for free so I'd have to have patience and that parts from Paris take a long time due to customs. That wasn't good enough for me, especially because my line of work is familiar with customs and that was a bogus excuse. I'm traveling the next couple weeks and wanted my pm bag for my trips. It's not my fault I bought it brand new and had an issue. So I called American Express and explained the problem. I find they have best customer service and buyer protection. They blocked the payment until LV would resolve the issue with me. The next day a manager from LV called me and they are sending me a new bag. I don't know if LV sent me a new bag because of American Express or because I was persistent. I called AE back and told them that LV was sending me a new bag finally and asked what if I had an issue again and AE told me if I have a problem not to worry they will take care of everything. Hopefully this is a happy ending story and my second bag doesn't have any issues!

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
I had the exact same issue on the lock of my monceau bb. It happened after a year of use. It was recognized as a defect and they replaced the lock free of charge. It took about 2 weeks but I am based in EU.

Hope your pochette will come back to you soon! :smile:

I have my pm for about 3 months now and used it for around 2 weeks on and off. I don't have any tarnishing or fading on my s lock but do have scratches from the plastic tip. I don't mind though since I'm not particularly careful when I close my bag.