Pochette Metis Reverse data code

Carrie1986

May 1, 2014
Hi! I’ve bought a pochette Metis Reverse less than 2 weeks ago after waiting for a perfect one and after refusing one with many issues.
I Have paied in advance. So finally PM comes and it’s perfect to me so I’m very happy.
Only today I’ve check that is Made in italy and the data code is 52 week of 18. [emoji849]
How is it possibile for a piece like this?

Hi! I’ve bought a pochette Metis Reverse less than 2 weeks ago after waiting for a perfect one and after refusing one with many issues.
I Have paied in advance. So finally PM comes and it’s perfect to me so I’m very happy.
Only today I’ve check that is Made in italy and the data code is 52 week of 18. [emoji849]

Congrats on getting PM reverse that is perfect! What is bothering you about the date code? The made in Italy or that it was made in 2018? If its because of the 2018 it is possible that it was purchased sometime in January and then it was returned. A lot of times returns are made not because of imperfections but because of the bag that someone has tried sooo hard to get didn't fit the persons frame or lifestyle once they had it in their possession. If it is perfect to you then don't drive yourself crazy over when it was made just enjoy!!

Why do you care?

Congrats on getting PM reverse that is perfect! What is bothering you about the date code? The made in Italy or that it was made in 2018? If its because of the 2018 it is possible that it was purchased sometime in January and then it was returned. A lot of times returns are made not because of imperfections but because of the bag that someone has tried sooo hard to get didn't fit the persons frame or lifestyle once they had it in their possession. If it is perfect to you then don't drive yourself crazy over when it was made just enjoy!!

Thank you
You’re right probably I just overeacting because I’ve check for so long to have a perfect one and it was definitly not simple.
So now seeing the data code I’ve start thinking if the bag has problema and was a return maybe repared and then resold to me

If the bag meets your expectation the date code shouldn’t matter. Honestly, I’ve been buying LV since 2006 and have never obsessed with the date code. I’ll say this again: if there’s a discontinued bag that I want, sitting in a warehouse somewhere that LV would sell to me, I wouldn’t care if it was made in 2009, 2005, 2000.

The last week of December - that bag is barely 4 months old!

That bag could’ve been paid for and forgotten at a store so the customer was refunded. Or purchased as a gift and the recipient didn’t want. Or an impulse purchase that was returned without use. So many possibilities. Enjoy your bag. :smile:

You’re right definitly
This is a mistake that I often make and I can’t fully enjoy things...
I’m Also afraid to ruining it by using it because of the known issues of this model [emoji27]
Either return the bag if you are concerned about the issues or use it and know that LV is aware of the issues and will handle it if your bag has problems....

Reactions: Carrie1986