Pochette Metis Peeling - Input?

Mine had a bit of glazing chip and about 1/2 cm of that glazing was beginning to become loose from where the strap ring hitting the flap area after 2 months of use. They let me exchange for something else or replacement. Im glad I didn't get it again as would have been a bit paranoid of that area everytime I use it crossbody which was for me what was causing it to prematurely wear out on the flap area.

Mine had a bit of glazing chip and about 1/2 cm of that glazing was beginning to become loose from where the strap ring hitting the flap area after 2 months of use. They let me exchange for something else or replacement. Im glad I didn't get it again as would have been a bit paranoid of that area everytime I use it crossbody which was for me what was causing it to prematurely wear out on the flap area.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you do this with a SA in person? I'm getting really frustrated as every time I try to email LV I get a canned response email saying I need to visit a store, but there isn't one in my state at all. So frustrating!

Thanks for the feedback. Did you do this with a SA in person? I'm getting really frustrated as every time I try to email LV I get a canned response email saying I need to visit a store, but there isn't one in my state at all. So frustrating!
What I did first was ring the customer service number to tell them what was wrong. They said they could arrange someone to pick it up from my house. They would then examine it and go from there wether it is deemed defective. Or I could go in store and let them see and sort it. I chose to go instore was a 2 hour drive. They let their quality accesor look at it a few weeks later (5 weeks!!) Because they had a communication breakdown with staff who forgot to update me whilst assescor went on sick leave. It got sorted in the end.

I just can't figure why LV keeps churning out more and even adding new models before first rectifying the issue.
I guess cause we are still buying? Lol.
They should relocate the straps to the top and that would solve it. I think as long as the clips hit the bag this is gonna happen- no amount of glazing will stop it. You just have to resign yourself that every year or so PM will need reglazing at a cost.

I just can't figure why LV keeps churning out more and even adding new models before first rectifying the issue.
They should relocate the straps to the top and that would solve it. I think as long as the clips hit the bag this is gonna happen- no amount of glazing will stop it. You just have to resign yourself that every year or so PM will need reglazing at a cost.

I agree. It's super crazy, that LV hasn't corrected the problems with the PM. Not to mention, it is a very easy fix!

Reactions: Kitty157
Exactly. It's a design flaw. The bag is basically a remake of the monogram Monceau, which did have the strap clips on the top. I still have my 16 yr old Monceau with no problems but both of my PM's had glazing issues where the strap rubs on the flap.

I've had my pm for over a year now and use it almost every weekend it's one of my favourite bags, and I have absolutely no problems with mine. While it may seem like there are a lot of problems with the bag it isn't always the case.
Maybe you're lucky and will never have a problem. That's great. My 2nd one was replaced when it was over two years old. So keep an eye yours in case, and take it back to the boutique if you see a problem.

Hope this is helpful advice, its what I would give for any potential ladies or gents who want to purchase the PM and want to eliminate some of the risk of having glazing problems. I manage to find old photos. I have posted this somewhere ages ago.

If it at all possible, is to choose a PM if you can, with sides of the bag that is slightly protruding outwards so the metal clasp isn't hitting the flap. My defunct PM had one side that was protruding slightly and that didn't have any wear on the glazing. I believe if both sides were the same i would have no glazing problems. Whereas on the other side it sat flush with the flap, to which the metal clasp would cause friction on the glaze every time I wore it crossbody, therefore ultimately glazing started to chip and become loose. Hope this is somewhat helpful. But does highlight the design flaw this bag has aswell.2017-03-20 13.28.01.jpg 2017-03-20 13.28.18.jpg

Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
Hope this is helpful advice, its what I would give for any potential ladies or gents who want to purchase the PM and want to eliminate some of the risk of having glazing problems. I manage to find old photos. I have posted this somewhere ages ago.

If it at all possible, is to choose a PM if you can, with sides of the bag that is slightly protruding outwards so the metal clasp isn't hitting the flap. My defunct PM had one side that was protruding slightly and that didn't have any wear on the glazing. I believe if both sides were the same i would have no glazing problems. Whereas on the other side it sat flush with the flap, to which the metal clasp would cause friction on the glaze every time I wore it crossbody, therefore ultimately glazing started to chip and become loose. Hope this is somewhat helpful. But does highlight the design flaw this bag has aswell.View attachment 3793266 View attachment 3793268

This is a good tip! I will go in store to replace mine soon and I will look for ones that are puffy on the sides!

This is a good tip! I will go in store to replace mine soon and I will look for ones that are puffy on the sides!
I hope you find one. Wonder why they just don't locate the strap a bit higher about 1cm higher on the sides so that the clasp don't rub on to the flap. It only needs a tiny little tweak would save themselves and their customers from all the hassle and cost associated in refunding, replacing and repairing.

I hope you find one. Wonder why they just don't locate the strap a bit higher about 1cm higher on the sides so that the clasp don't rub on to the flap. It only needs a tiny little tweak would save themselves and their customers from all the hassle and cost associated in refunding, replacing and repairing.

I ended up with the empreinte version of pochette metis. I think it's pretty chic! Hopefully the leather version is not going to be as prone to the peeling issue.

Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
I ended up with the empreinte version of pochette metis. I think it's pretty chic! Hopefully the leather version is not going to be as prone to the peeling issue.
Yay!!:smile: glad you found a alternative. Good choice as you won't be compromising on space or functionality with what you are use to. I don't think I've heard of any glazing issues at all with the empriente version. So is a good sign. Glad they had one in stock for you . Enjoy your new bag!!