Pochette Metis or Pallas Chain

Oct 1, 2010
I'm thinking of letting my Metis Pochette go. I really like her , but the deal breaker is the vachetta handle. I can't take this bag in the rain. The Pallas Chain only has a small piece of vachetta. I love the size and cross body of the metis p otherwise. Any opinions???? What to do??

I had the same conflict but it would be such ashame to give it up
have you thought of getting an after market strap on ebay or slmething like that
to match the color on the bag, or I know lv has some straps in stock for 70$ in sevral colors
that you can try to replace it with

I'm thinking of letting my Metis Pochette go. I really like her , but the deal breaker is the vachetta handle. I can't take this bag in the rain. The Pallas Chain only has a small piece of vachetta. I love the size and cross body of the metis p otherwise. Any opinions???? What to do??

I personally would not let my PM go. I love this bag. If it's only the handle that you don't like maybe covering it with a bandeau? Also I would not want the chain to get wet either. Good luck!!

I have both the PM and chain Pallas....to me the chain Pallas is a little more dressy than the PM, I probably wouldn't sell the PM.....Maybe get a DE crossbody for rainy days?

I really hope you can keep your PM. I know many folks love that handbag. Maybe you could work around it's little problems.

Then, could you save for the Pallas Chain? I have it in Havane and it's a really great handbag. Due to the pleating on the sides it holds a lot even though it's a relatively small handbag.

I love that little purse. It's quickly become one of my favorites. I still hope you can keep your PM though. ;)

Hi. If you are really scared of taking out your pochette metis because of the short vachetta handle, have you considered on getting it treated? You can use water and stain protection spray such as Collonil or LMB lv protection kit. I've used both and just very recently used Collonil waterstop spray in treating my Pallas handles and I'm extremely satisfied with the result, it dries easily and doesn't darken the vachetta leather at all.

I think the two bags are used in different occasions. Mind you, you can carry any bag you like at anytime! I have never liked pochette-metis, which is really strange because I normally am drawn to smallish crossbody bag. There is just something I don't like about it which I can't put my finger on. (On the other hand, I love the regular Metis). I think the pallas chain is very pretty.

I think the PM is an everyday bag. The Pallas chain is not. I think they are for different purposes as the chain is dressier.

I have used my PM in the rain. It got wet, it dried, end of story. No watermarks.

Also, have you ever owned a bag with a long chain like that? I've had them before. They are noisy and annoying. Ok for using occasionally but if I tried to use it all of the time it would drive me nuts.

The chain straps threaded with leather like a Chanel would be quieter and not so cold in the winter.