Pochette Métis or new Gucci 1955 Horsebit?

JoRW

Dec 18, 2018
Okay this may be the wrong thread for impartial feedback but I am desperately in love with the new Gucci 1955 Horsebit bag. Problem is, I have a strict one in, one out bag policy. The bag on the chopping block would be the pochette Métis in reverse mono which I do love but for some reason only seem to wear a couple of times a month. Am I insane to give up such a high demand bag for something I can pick up in store easily? Please help me solve this first world problem!

I am not a fan of the PM, it is a bag that looks good in theory but it is awkward and not flattering when worn.
Instead the Gucci is beautiful, both elegant and laid back. Works both as a chic shoulder bag and cross body. And it is such a classic (I mean, Grace of Monaco rocked it when she was not wearing a Kelly). I hate it doesn't have a leather interior, but that is also the case with the PM...

I’m a huge horsebit fan. But I would not give up a bag I wear a few times a month and the fact that you’re unsure I’d suggest not doing it. Must you get rid of one bag? Can you just get the Gucci?

In my opinion... I would go for neither. I think the Gucci one is really unappealing and if you seldom use the PM you already have I would think about whether you're actually finding bags of this style/with this layout practical or enjoyable for you personally.