Pochette Métis or new Gucci 1955 Horsebit?

JoRW

Dec 18, 2018
Okay this may be the wrong thread for impartial feedback but I am desperately in love with the new Gucci 1955 Horsebit bag. Problem is, I have a strict one in, one out bag policy. The bag on the chopping block would be the pochette Métis in reverse mono which I do love but for some reason only seem to wear a couple of times a month. Am I insane to give up such a high demand bag for something I can pick up in store easily? Please help me solve this first world problem!

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
I am not a fan of the PM, it is a bag that looks good in theory but it is awkward and not flattering when worn.
Instead the Gucci is beautiful, both elegant and laid back. Works both as a chic shoulder bag and cross body. And it is such a classic (I mean, Grace of Monaco rocked it when she was not wearing a Kelly). I hate it doesn't have a leather interior, but that is also the case with the PM...

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I’m a huge horsebit fan. But I would not give up a bag I wear a few times a month and the fact that you’re unsure I’d suggest not doing it. Must you get rid of one bag? Can you just get the Gucci?

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Given all the issues with the Pochette Métis, I would go for the Gucci bag.

Kate1989

Jul 15, 2015
In my opinion... I would go for neither. I think the Gucci one is really unappealing and if you seldom use the PM you already have I would think about whether you're actually finding bags of this style/with this layout practical or enjoyable for you personally.