Pochette Metis or Mabillon???!!! Please help me decide!

I vote Mabillon! I have one and love using mine! So comfy and a perfect size. I love that you added the chain which I'm going to do to mine as well..thanks for the idea!

Thanks! Aww, that's great glad you like it! Another thought, I was also thinking about buying a Melie Vachetta shoulder strap! (the regular shoulder one, not the longer one!)Bc it's removable & has the clasps. And then I could use the gold shoulder chain, AND my Turenne vachetta crossbody strap! That's actually 3 looks in 1!

Thank you!! :smile:

Btw- I don't think u should cut the straps. If u notice the metal part that the clasp holds on to on all bags with removable straps (the ones I have seen so far) are rounded which is probably done so on purpose- I suspect to help the clasp stay centered when carried. The mabillon has a square clasp and I think if u cut the straps and try to clip other straps on, it may not sit well. The clasp may slide to one corner or another on the metal piece and be off centred/balanced when u carry it.

Reactions: Laila071
Btw- I don't think u should cut the straps. If u notice the metal part that the clasp holds on to on all bags with removable straps (the ones I have seen so far) are rounded which is probably done so on purpose- I suspect to help the clasp stay centered when carried. The mabillon has a square clasp and I think if u cut the straps and try to clip other straps on, it may not sit well. The clasp may slide to one corner or another on the metal piece and be off centred/balanced when u carry it.

So very true! Great point!!

I like them both, but prefer the PM. I'm going through the same thing now. I had passed it up a few times before and now have an opportunity get it.... Go with what you LOVE! They are making the pm again, so don't settle if that's what you want. [emoji8]

Hi everyone! I really would appreciate your help deciding between the Pochette Metis and the Mabillon! 🙈🙉🙊

I tried the PM last year twice and passed both time bc I felt it was a bit bulky/boxy for my (on my frame!) I am 5'2 , 120. But ever since it sold out and after watching numerous youtube videos and am now obsessing over it ! But with the long wait I ended up getting impatient and I bought the new Mabillion a few days ago. I have not used it, I only tried it on for a few pics. I am really liking it plus the exterior secret pocket is so nice! It reminds me of my Twinset that I love! It is bigger than my twinset so I can hold more which I love, plus I have a gold shoulder chain I can add to make it a shoulder bag! I think the PM is beautiful though & such a worry free statement piece! BUT, I did have the opportunity to buy it twice last year & passed both times. 😕 Anyway, which do you all think looks best on me???

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and for your opinions! Have a great day💖
I am trying to decide on the Mabillon. I just saw your pics (they both look great) I have not seen the Mabillon in person, the strap is removable?

would be nice to get an update! how are you enjoying the Mabillon?

Yes, please an update.

So sorry for the late update!! I was on vacation with my family! So.....I ended up keeping the Mabillon! I love it so much! Such a comfortable, casual crossbody! Great for picking up the boys from school, grocery shopping, etc! I couldn't let it go.
So when my SA text me that my pochette metis request finally came in.....I was so sad that I was going to have to pass on it! BUT. ...as a suprise to me my husband said Happy early Mother's Day! Go ahead and go,pick up your purse!!! Yay! I still can't believe I have both! He's usually not very supportive of my LV handbag addiction!

Lol And I finally made up my mind on a medium sized wallet for my crossbody bags. I went with the zippy compact NM! LOVE it too!
So, thank you to all you lovely ladies that took the time to read my post and help me decide! Now I really have to behave for a while!

I am trying to decide on the Mabillon. I just saw your pics (they both look great) I have not seen the Mabillon in person, the strap is removable?
If the strap is not removable, someone would actually "cut off" their straps? Hmmm...
The Mabillon is roomy and comfortable to put your hand in and out to retrieve things>