Pochette Metis: new empreinte or mono canvas help me choose!

Which would you chose!?! I'm struggling! Help!!!

Mono canvas
Distinctive, classic
Concerned about glazing issues
Will popularity slide with release of new empreinte?
I have a very monochrome style (black and white, mostly) so worried it won't always work with my wardrobe
Worried I'll get sick of the print
All of this considered I still love this bag

Empreinte
Love the noir - will match my style
Worried it's a little TOO understated? Is it too boring?
Concerned about whether it will hold its shape or sag?
New line so no idea of quality or production issues. A bit of a risk
Will probably have the same glazing issues as canvas
Never had anything in empreinte so not sure of how it will wear particularly as a daily bag

Ultimately I want something that will hold its value and take the use and abuse of a daily bag. I don't baby my bags but I do look after them! [emoji51] which are more popular - empreinte or mono canvas and why?

What's the wiser investment for these bags do you think? I seriously love them both and I just can't decide so may well come down to which will hold its value better?View attachment 3615181View attachment 3615182

Last edited:
I reckon marine rouge. It will definitely be unique and the colour combo is gorgeous. Will definitely stand the test of time, and you don't have to baby the colour. Navy so it won't get dirty, but has the red trim for the pop of colour. But I do agree with you that because it's new there may be problems. But I guess that's like that with everything right? But hopefully because the mono has been out for a while, they have rectified the design with the new colours coming out.

Yeah I love the MR but the noir would be my pick as I mostly wear black, white and greys etc. so while I love the MR I think I wouldn't get the use out of it and I need something that goes with most things. Iykwim. I think noir and mono canvas do this, but noir would go better with my wardrobe, but it's fear of the unknown and is it too understated.... and this is where I keep going round and round in circles!! I am losing my mind lol.

I dunno....for me the mono canvas still wins my heart. I don't see any problem to match the monogram with monochrome outfits. It suits really well. It's like giving a lil touch to it...
The noir empreinte is nice, it's black, it'll suit with most monochrome outfits.
Agreed with ur concerns, I'm afraid it'll be too understated...(because here we're talking about the noir one)
...and still no idea regarding the quality with these new babies.
For me the pochette metis is all being classic and modern at the same time. And the mono canvas says it all.
It's just my humble opinion :smile:
I'd still go with the mono canvas

I really like the blue with red trim.. that one looks so chic and stylish unique looking. It out to me more than the others. The others being one block colour to me makes it look like many other similar bag's and styles on the market. Although maybe in real life it's actually very stunning. I think I prefer this type of leather on the speedy 20 bags more than this one.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
I love the canvas, this bag is a modern twist on a classic style and I just feel like the canvas carries it through.. Gives it the classic longevity I look for in bags. I love empriente but I feel over time it may date a bag more than a mono canvas will... EG, they may only make it in this material for a short time, they could discontinue empriente at some point, etc. Plus a higher initial price point can allow for more of a loss on the resale market in my opinion but I never really buy a purse as an investment, I buy because I love something and I think I will use it now and forever.

Which would you chose!?! I'm struggling! Help!!!

Mono canvas
Distinctive, classic
Concerned about glazing issues
Will popularity slide with release of new empreinte?
I have a very monochrome style (black and white, mostly) so worried it won't always work with my wardrobe
Worried I'll get sick of the print
All of this considered I still love this bag

Empreinte
Love the noir - will match my style
Worried it's a little TOO understated? Is it too boring?
Concerned about whether it will hold its shape or sag?
New line so no idea of quality or production issues. A bit of a risk
Will probably have the same glazing issues as canvas
Never had anything in empreinte so not sure of how it will wear particularly as a daily bag

Ultimately I want something that will hold its value and take the use and abuse of a daily bag. I don't baby my bags but I do look after them! [emoji51] which are more popular - empreinte or mono canvas and why?

What's the wiser investment for these bags do you think? I seriously love them both and I just can't decide so may well come down to which will hold its value better?View attachment 3615181View attachment 3615182

I think both are gorgeous. Disclaimer: I had a mono PM, which I loved but ultimately sold because of the glazing issues and because it didn't totally meet my needs. I'm intrigued by the empreinte PM but I'm definitely going to wait a few months before even considering whether to buy it, as I'd like to know about any potential defects. While I'm a big fan of empreinte leather, I personally prefer the look of the PM in classic mono. It has more of a timeless, quasi-vintage vibe in mono. Also, if you're concerned about the bag's potential resale value, you should definitely get classic mono. Mono pieces generally tend to have the best resale value of all LV items--you can get empreinte pieces for well below retail in the preloved market. If you wear a lot of black and white (I do, as well), the mono PM will work quite well with your wardrobe.

I would worry about color transfer with the lighter colors, the marine rogue and noir would be your best bet if you decide to go with empriente. I don't think they will sag a bunch because they are pretty structured. Since it's a cross body, the back of the bag will rub against you and the embossing on the empriente may fade over time and not be as deep.

I love the marine rogue color and really wanted that color when I bought my boetie, my only concern with marine rogue was if they will would still be able to repair the red glazing down the road if needed?

Yeah I love the MR but the noir would be my pick as I mostly wear black, white and greys etc. so while I love the MR I think I wouldn't get the use out of it and I need something that goes with most things. Iykwim. I think noir and mono canvas do this, but noir would go better with my wardrobe, but it's fear of the unknown and is it too understated.... and this is where I keep going round and round in circles!! I am losing my mind lol.
I was also worried about it being too bland. But then I remembered how some wrap those pretty banduex on them and they really jazz up. Especially on the Noir with the gold hardware and then the pop of color to accommodate your outfit!

I prefer the Pochette Metis as a canvas bag, but that's my opinion. I had it in the mono print and loved it but had glazing issues, so I replaced it, then brought it again because it's such a functional everyday bag. 2nd time around I got it in Infrarouge and surprisingly, it works with loads of outfits!!! But if you're more a classic dresser "safe" you should consider the classic mono or reverse mono if you're going with Canvas!!!