Pochette Métis issues fixed?

It's impossible to know. One of my PMs didn't peel until it was almost 3 years old. It's a design flaw the way the strap clips rub against the flap edges from body movement. The bags were perfectly made. I'm on my 3rd one, this time in empreinte. I've heard that these can have glazing issues, too, but I love the design of the bag. I would recommend getting a PM anyway. You can always bring it back to LV if you have a problem. It's a great, functional bag.

Reactions: atcprincess
It's impossible to know. One of my PMs didn't peel until it was almost 3 years old. It's a design flaw the way the strap clips rub against the flap edges from body movement. The bags were perfectly made. I'm on my 3rd one, this time in empreinte. I've heard that these can have glazing issues, too, but I love the design of the bag. I would recommend getting a PM anyway. You can always bring it back to LV if you have a problem. It's a great, functional bag.

I love mine and knew this might be a problem. I know LV will take care of me somehow. Hopefully a reglaze, a replacement would probably take longer. I wouldn't trade it for anything

From my own experience the clasp rubbing on the glazing on the flap kinda only really happened when I wore it crossbody whereby the bag was placed near to my back. My 1st PM suffered glazing problems it was my 1st ever LV bag. With my 2nd PM which I've had a year now. I rarely wear it crossbody, just shoulder carry, its been fine so far. To be honest If I can get 3 years without glazing wear I'm happy. I like the bag a lot but realise that it comes with compromises and risk. I feel I can now deal and tolerate them when that time comes because I've had a bit more experience with how LV works now than I did before.

I sold a made in France mono one a couple of weeks ago. The clasp wouldn't stay closed. No matter how little I had in it. (I'd had it a couple of years, and it just drove me nuts.) Just bought a red leather version...stays closed.

As far as the glazing "formula" I think yes. BUT as noted above the claps rub against that spot on the flaps. It's not likely to ever be completely guaranteed that that spot won't show glazing wear.

From my own experience the clasp rubbing on the glazing on the flap kinda only really happened when I wore it crossbody whereby the bag was placed near to my back. My 1st PM suffered glazing problems it was my 1st ever LV bag. With my 2nd PM which I've had a year now. I rarely wear it crossbody, just shoulder carry, its been fine so far. To be honest If I can get 3 years without glazing wear I'm happy. I like the bag a lot but realise that it comes with compromises and risk. I feel I can now deal and tolerate them when that time comes because I've had a bit more experience with how LV works now than I did before.

Interesting. I carry mine crossbody and pushed back.

My first mono PM had glazing issues. It was the first generation. I bought it when it was first launch.
Because I love the bag so much, so I bought a new one. My current mono is so far so good. Was caught in the rain twice during my trip..
I hope I will not experience the issues again. If I do, I think I will buy another one.. :P

Interesting. I carry mine crossbody and pushed back.
It might be only me., and the way i walk, but when I have the bag crossbody, bag towards my back the bag bounces on my back more with how I walk hence more side to side movement with the straps so the clasp rubs onto the flap. It probably just me walking funny.