Pochette Metis-Infos,stock,Wait time

Yes! I walked into the Melbourne Collins at store on Wednesday and managed to get the reverse!
Hi aussies,
Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting a pochette metis in monogram or reverse in any Melb stores? Any tips? Tricks? online etc?

Would love to get my hands on one, but feels impossible! Even more frustrating when you see one for sale through a reseller and a receipt receipt date!

Any advice would be great
s!

Hey lovelies,
I just received the monogram Pochette Metis today after tracking it down for the past year. My best advice might sound quite simple and annoying but in the end, this is just from my experience. Last week, I walked into the Rocks Sydney store and asked a sales associate to call me when she next gets the bag in. To my luck, I was in the city today and she called me with a 15 min time limit to pick it up. So in my experience it came down to luck, good timing and a sales associate that actually decided to follow up with a call.
I wish you all the best of luck with tracking down such a sort after bag and I hope you all are able to get a hold of the bag sooner rather than later. All the best xxx

I check the US online and my brother checked the store in London-none. I finally called LV directly and they said there aren't any in stock now (US) they dont know when they will have anymore so they are not even putting people on the waiting list! The pre owned ones on sites are marked up about $500 from a new one! There are a bunch on Fashionphile. Guess it comes down to how bad you want it.

I check the US online and my brother checked the store in London-none. I finally called LV directly and they said there aren't any in stock now (US) they dont know when they will have anymore so they are not even putting people on the waiting list! The pre owned ones on sites are marked up about $500 from a new one! There are a bunch on Fashionphile. Guess it comes down to how bad you want it.

I was told the same. My best advice is to play the waiting game and go into every store you can and ask a sales assistant to call you when they have one in. That’s all I did. It took me a year but I eventually got it.

A year? Wow you are much more patient than I am!

Hahha I wasn’t patient at first but once it hit the 6 months mark I decided that I’ll get one when the timing is right and a sales assistant actually helps me out. In the end, it all worked out and I can assure you it will for you too. Merry Christmas and I wish you the best of luck with hunting down a Pochette Metis.

Not impressed! Really really mad frankly. I’ve been on the wait list at Saks Toronto Eaton Centre since August! I went into the store December to find out where I am on the list I was 7th. I just called now and they can’t find me in the reservation! So I’m off the list! Nobody called me! Really mad!

In my experience, the waitlist doesn't work. :annoyed: They try to keep the items for customer who come to the store to shop. I would recommend visiting the store frequently and asking them if they got any, Don't forget to be super nice. You'll never know, the SA might tell you that a costumer didn't respond on time and it is for you to take home. I scored most of my items that way.. believe it or not. One of the store actually called me 6 months after I bought the bag from a different store. Ridiculous.... Also, don't go to a store that is too busy. Good Luck!! :heart::heart:

Thank you LadyFabuluxe! It annoys me even more that I have to kiss an SA’s ass!

Not necessarily ass kissing. Being polite is very basic and mostly PM is a bag that SA has no control of in Maison stores. They are usually controlled by store managers. They always have them however it is up to their discretion to offer - how much you are intending to spend and what is their focus at that time. Some stores just offer on a first come first serve and some needs spending on a particular merchandise to be offered one, pretty much like the Hermes game.

Don’t believe it when they said there is a waitlist. It depends if the SA wants to follow up.

Hey lovelies,
I just received the monogram Pochette Metis today after tracking it down for the past year. My best advice might sound quite simple and annoying but in the end, this is just from my experience. Last week, I walked into the Rocks Sydney store and asked a sales associate to call me when she next gets the bag in. To my luck, I was in the city today and she called me with a 15 min time limit to pick it up. So in my experience it came down to luck, good timing and a sales associate that actually decided to follow up with a call.
I wish you all the best of luck with tracking down such a sort after bag and I hope you all are able to get a hold of the bag sooner rather than later. All the best xxx

The Rocks one is amazing. I haven’t had much luck for my bumbag and was able to get one after registering my interest with a SA and to my surprise she actually txt me when one came in. And of course I took it. Then around the same time you for the bag I was offered the PM as well however as I was able to get one from the George St store I let that one go ... glad it probably went to you though she was more generous than 15 mins for me haha. But I did let her know as soon as I know I won’t need it. That store is good in a sense that it’s small but always receives stock and they want to sell them quick as the turnover is quite high and mainly targeting tourists as they’re located within a duty free complex.

Not necessarily ass kissing. Being polite is very basic and mostly PM is a bag that SA has no control of in Maison stores. They are usually controlled by store managers. They always have them however it is up to their discretion to offer - how much you are intending to spend and what is their focus at that time. Some stores just offer on a first come first serve and some needs spending on a particular merchandise to be offered one, pretty much like the Hermes game.

Don’t believe it when they said there is a waitlist. It depends if the SA wants to follow up.
@mimi89 You are right with “They are usually controlled by store managers. They always have them...” cuz when I was in the hunt for my mono PM, many times when I walked into the boutique and inquired about the PM, the SA never gave me a direct “No, we don’t have it” immediately. The SA always told me to wait for him/her to check for stock and then went to the Manager and whispered something to each other. Of course every time i was told after waiting for a few minutes that they don’t have any PM’s in stock... until I found mine in a boutique in Paris...
so yeah, it’s definitely a game they’re playing and it really depends on ones luck if you’ll be offered one or not...

Reactions: MeepMeep67
Hi All
I've just asked my PA to start the hunt :biggrin:
He told me that it will be extremely delicate to get one (Monogram), but I stay positive.

We cannot purchase online in Switzerland..

I'll get it, I'll get it!!!!

:happydance: