Pochette metis in empriente or celine classic bag?

Hello Everyone!
I'm hoping I can get some of your opinions. I am debating between purchasing the celine classic bag in the camel colour or the louis vuitton pochette metis in the empriente leather in tortourelle. The pochette metis hadn't really caught my eye until I saw this colour the tortourelle to me is just such a perfect neutral. However I am a little apprehensive about how 'appropriate' it is. I will be turning 30 this summer and have 2 young boys. I am afraid that a full monogram bag may start to look a little too much on me as I get older and would hate to not get many years worth out of the bag.

What do you guys think? Is it all in my head? How many of you are rocking empriente bags with kids running around? Any opinions would be really appreciated.

Also I am by no means claiming that 30 is 'old'

Reactions: waterina
I’m 35 and have have transitioned into being into luxury without too many logos. However in SoCal, where I live, logos are quite popular among all ages. If it makes you feel better, the logo on empreinte bags can lighten over time, so by the time you are not into logos, if that happens, it may be less of an issue.

If you love it, get it. I’m a working mom and work in an underprivileged area which also leads me to wanting things that are under the radar..

Reactions: OCMomof3
This is a tough one. I am a huge Celine fan as well as LV. As others have said, Empreinte leather can soften over time. The imprints can become less defined, which has happened for me on my Emp Artsy. I find it more subtle than Monogram on canvas. At 30, I can definitely see you getting years of use out of this bag -- and I tend to be conservative in this area.

Celine is gorgeous, promises longevity due to the style, and the quality is definitely there. However...you mention having kids. I don't see this bag as being versatile for your season of life. The leather will show marks more easily, and it looks more dressy. The PM is much more casual. It can take more bumps, so to speak. It is also priced much friendlier, if that matters.

I think it comes down to how much you want to worry about the condition of your bag/how casual you want to be. I would mark the Celine for later, or for use not related to kids. Hope that helps!

Reactions: waterina and elzi
I would say the Celine bag for sure, BUT the bag can be heavy and the material will not be suitable as an everyday bag, IMO. I have a camel medium box (like the one pictured above) and love it to pieces, but it can get scratched really easily. With two small kids, I wouldn't recommend it. With this being said, I am not a fan of empriente leather, so I would actually say to choose maybe something in canvas.

Reactions: waterina
My opinion is similar to the others: Celine is gorrrrrgeous but definitely harder to use. Higher maintenance and a bit too rigid for getting in and out of (for me!). I love it but wouldn’t be my go-to for practicality, or staying under the radar tbh. Something about it looks so sophisticated that I think regardless of lack of logos, it just *looks* expensive/chic. It doesn’t look like a random leather bag...

Empriente can be super under the radar. My black one sure is. BUT obviously it’s the light color that you actually liked. I’d say go for the LV still for the practicality and “casual” factor.