Pochette Metis Empriente Owners

Dtrivi89

O.G.
Feb 3, 2013
Good evening TPFers!

I wanted to pick your super knowledgeable brains!

For those of you that own the PM in Empreinte leather....how are they holding up??

I really love this bag and I’m itching for a new bag (perhaps mother’s day if I drop enough not so subtle hints LOL) but I’m concerned about quality from all of the horror stories!

Would love personal experiences and photos too if you so desire!!

Thanks in advance!! :heart:

I have used mine for 4 months.. I didn’t use it daily but I used it quite frequently (3 or 4 times a week) and it’s held up very well. I haven’t seen any issues so far. It looks just as good as the day I received it. Imo I think the leather holds up better in terms of glazing/cracking issues.

The only serious issue is gaining the corner wear IMHO...you cannot repair that. I gave up thinking of PM in Empreinte. I always pick bags with glazed corners (for example Lumineuse) = I am pretty comfortable with this style of bag. It is basically care free. With PM I am not so sure. Saw some on preloved market with quite bad damage on corners..maybe somethingbto think about...it is a lot of money...

I've had my pochette metis in noir for almost a year now. I use it at least 4-5 times a week. Everything still looks great. Tons of hairline scratches on the lock but I don't mind. No significant corner wear to speak of and the leather has only softened lightly. Prior, I had the PM in monogram and I find that the empreinte version is hands down way more comfortable.

Thanks everyone! I really love this bag and I’m thinking my Melie I just got is going back in favor of a PM. Unfortunately I’ve used my Melie for just about two weeks now and I can already see corner issues and glazing is peeling...I’m so sad because I’ve grown to love it already...

I do hope they switch it for you. But you will also pay more money which I believe you said you couldn’t do In the very first thread started about the Artsy. Good luck with the PM.

Reactions: Dtrivi89
I do hope they switch it for you. But you will also pay more money which I believe you said you couldn’t do In the very first thread started about the Artsy. Good luck with the PM.
Good point!! I had to put money to the Melie...which is frustrating now because it’s having issues already...I think depending upon what they say I’ll just take a credit and wait for the “perfect” bag

I've had my pochette metis in noir for almost a year now. I use it at least 4-5 times a week. Everything still looks great. Tons of hairline scratches on the lock but I don't mind. No significant corner wear to speak of and the leather has only softened lightly. Prior, I had the PM in monogram and I find that the empreinte version is hands down way more comfortable.
Just curious why you think the empreinte version is more comfortable than the monogram one? I just got the bag in empreinte even thought I originally wanted it in monogram. Want to hear all the reasons to justify my decision ☺️

Hi everyone. Can anyone pretty please weigh the PM (empty)? I have the Cluny BB in monogram and I honestly feel that it's a bit heavy. I've been eyeing the PM in Cerise but a bit worried if it's much heavier than the Cluny BB as I'm petite and I don't really like carrying heavy bags. Thanks so much in advance

Just curious why you think the empreinte version is more comfortable than the monogram one? I just got the bag in empreinte even thought I originally wanted it in monogram. Want to hear all the reasons to justify my decision ☺️
I think it may have to do with the leather strap being softer and molding better to the body than the canvas one. That’s usually the argument for Empreinte leather over canvas.

The strap on the empreinte is a lot softer amd molds perfectly to my shoulders :smile: the canvas strap is a lot thicker and nowhere near as pliable even after a year of constant use.