Pochette metis empreinte cerise , flaws advice needed !!!

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
last week , I just bought an empreinte cerise PM. Now upon microscopic inspection at home I found some minimal flaws.

-The stitch on the left side, which holds the flap and the bag together seems to be a bit too near the edge and the hole is too big.

-glazing missing the leather on the bottom

is this something which could cause problems later? would you complain or just keep it?

left side is good
FullSizeRender.jpg

right side with the flaw
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

minimal glazing missing
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

same location at closer look
IMG_6508.JPG

Last edited:
last week , I just bought an empreinte cerise PM. Now upon microscopic inspection at home I found some minimal flaws.
is this something which could cause problems later? would you complain or just keep it?

Well if you're doing that close of inspection, you're bound to find something. Everyone will just say exchange it if you're unhappy. But I doubt you'll ever come across a "perfect" bag.

Well if you're doing that close of inspection, you're bound to find something. Everyone will just say exchange it if you're unhappy. But I doubt you'll ever come across a "perfect" bag.

I agree...I feel like people seem to be getting out their magnifying glasses to find imperfections these days. Of course, I know there have been some quality issues lately, I've experienced it myself with cracking leather on my Felicie. But it is also impossible to make each bag identical. Unless it is a real defect, something that will get worse with time, or something that it is noticeable when you use it, I would just enjoy using the bag.

Can you post a regular picture of this part where the glazing didn't cover the leather? I'd like to see the actual size of this part.

Here, in relation to my index finger
IMG_6509.JPG

I agree...I feel like people seem to be getting out their magnifying glasses to find imperfections these days. Of course, I know there have been some quality issues lately, I've experienced it myself with cracking leather on my Felicie. But it is also impossible to make each bag identical. Unless it is a real defect, something that will get worse with time, or something that it is noticeable when you use it, I would just
enjoy using the bag.

I`ve given up long ago to get a "perfect" bag :amuse:. I`m just worried if these small flaws are ("real defect") could get worse in the future. Hoping some experience bag lover give me some input, if these imperfections should be consider or doesn`t matter on the long run.
Especially the stitch on the left side of the flap. It is very near on the edge and it looks like it could tear the leather down, when you close/open the flap often enough.
About the glazing, I just read in another thread that LV doesn`t reglaze empreinte leather. So that`s why I took out my magnifying loop , other wise these small flaws wouldn`t bother me. :lol:

Reactions: fashion_junky
Here, in relation to my index finger
View attachment 3641792

I`ve given up long ago to get a "perfect" bag :amuse:. I`m just worried if these small flaws are ("real defect") could get worse in the future. Hoping some experience bag lover give me some input, if these imperfections should be consider or doesn`t matter on the long run.
Especially the stitch on the left side of the flap. It is very near on the edge and it looks like it could tear the leather down, when you close/open the flap often enough.
About the glazing, I just read in another thread that LV doesn`t reglaze empreinte leather. So that`s why I took out my magnifying loop , other wise these small flaws wouldn`t bother me. :lol:

I understand where you're coming from....I guess it is just difficult to judge how bad it is in photos or what I would do in your situation without seeing the bag in person. Trust your instincts, if you think it is a defect, take it back to have them look at it in store :smile:

-The stitch on the left side, which holds the flap and the bag together seems to be a bit too near the edge and the hole is too big.

-glazing missing the leather on the bottom

left side is good
View attachment 3641564

right side with the flaw
View attachment 3641562

minimal glazing missing
View attachment 3641563

same location at closer look
View attachment 3641565
That's the problem right there: you looked for 'flaws' and you found them. I personally can't see any issues with this bag, and I doubt that any will become a problem later on, but you have to keep in mind that these items are, for the most part, made by humans and as such 'perfection' is near impossible. Think of them as your PM's fingerprints, in the sense that they are what makes your bag different from all of the other ones made, and enjoy it in good health:biggrin:

fashion_junky "I understand where you're coming from....I guess it is just difficult to judge how bad it is in photos or what I would do in your situation without seeing the bag in person. Trust your instincts, if you think it is a defect, take it back to have them look at it in store :smile:"

I think it looks fine.

I think the stitching is fine, and the part without glazing seems to be very narrow, but do what makes you feel better. If you're feeling these can turn into real issues down the line, return the bag. :smile:

That's the problem right there: you looked for 'flaws' and you found them. I personally can't see any issues with this bag, and I doubt that any will become a problem later on, but you have to keep in mind that these items are, for the most part, made by humans and as such 'perfection' is near impossible. Think of them as your PM's fingerprints, in the sense that they are what makes your bag different from all of the other ones made, and enjoy it in good health:biggrin:

perhaps it`s not clear on the phot to see, what i mean. Sorry to ask you multiple times. I don`t mind to get an "imperfection" bag with Pm fingerprints. As long as it won`t make problems in the future, I don`t want to return the bag or something else.... I´m still loving it alot. In the past I had some issues with other LV bags, that`s why now this one, I want to make sure everything is ok.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Last edited:
fashion_junky "I understand where you're coming from....I guess it is just difficult to judge how bad it is in photos or what I would do in your situation without seeing the bag in person. Trust your instincts, if you think it is a defect, take it back to have them look at it in store :smile:"

perhaps it`s not clear on the phot to see, what i mean. Sorry to ask you multiple times. I don`t mind to get an "imperfection" bag with Pm fingerprints. As long as it won`t make problems in the future, I don`t want to return the bag or something else.... I´m still loving it alot. In the past I had some issues with other LV bags, that`s why now this one, I want to make sure everything is ok.

View attachment 3642207

In my opinion, the stitch that you circled in that photo looks fine.

View attachment 3642207
That stitch looks fine to me. :smile:

I can't believe anyone uses a magnifying glass to look for faults. Why don't people just enjoy their bag? If you look close enough at anything you'll find fault.

I hope you are not one of those horrible LV SA/ Manager with these attitudes when an costumer has a question, aren`t you? Nowhere was written that there was the use of an magnifying glass. - Microscopic inspections means that I took a more accurate, closer look at the bag, which I thought was not nesscessary before, haven`t I experienced some bad issues with my other Lv bags.

Last edited: