Pochette Métis Cracking

Nov 14, 2018
I bought my PM in Feb 2019. Since then I have used it pretty heavily during the summer months. I noticed it started to crack and tried to use it less often, but now it’s looking worse for wear. Do you think LV would give me store credit still or just say that it’s wear and tear? With the pandemic going on and the LV store is 45 minutes away I thought I’d ask here before going into the store.

Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No offense but I can sort of tell that you have had this in heavy rotation which is great- I love it when people use and enjoy their bags. The vachetta w/D ring gives this away. But I am not sure about the canvas splitting and the glazing deteriorating- that seems more like defects than any wear and tear to me. Personally, I would try to get some adjustment. Ideally they will give you store credit or maybe a new bag. These are known defects with the P. Metis and LV should stand behind their product. Let us know what you decide and the outcome.

Reactions: Jolie34
No offense but I can sort of tell that you have had this in heavy rotation which is great- I love it when people use and enjoy their bags. The vachetta w/D ring gives this away. But I am not sure about the canvas splitting and the glazing deteriorating- that seems more like defects than any wear and tear to me. Personally, I would try to get some adjustment. Ideally they will give you store credit or maybe a new bag. These are known defects with the P. Metis and LV should stand behind their product. Let us know what you decide and the outcome.
Lol no offense taken. I love my bag And I love using my bag. But I guess I’ll take it in then. I just don’t want them to be like well it’s well loved and used and that’s how it is. It’s still only 2 years old.

Reactions: toujours*chic
Lol no offense taken. I love my bag And I love using my bag. But I guess I’ll take it in then. I just don’t want them to be like well it’s well loved and used and that’s how it is. It’s still only 2 years old.
Especially since these are known issues. I think I read somewhere here that you can exchange a defective bag one time- they actually tell you to enjoy the bag as long as you can because it is a one time thing. Good luck- I hope they exchange for you or give you store credit. Such a great bag- wish it did not have so many issues!

Reactions: newpurselove1993
My PM was replaced 2x for cracks where the flap bends. I barely use the new one now for fear of it cracking again. I love it too much to let it go but I know next time it is a store credit since they said they will not replace again. So def take it in!

Reactions: daisychainz
Hello everyone! I ended up going to the Beverly Hills location and they gave me an even exchange. I went for the same style but in empreinte version in the turtle dove color. It is surprisingly lightweight! Thanks for all your help ladies. They did recommend that I go for another bag because they said it will happen to them due to the accordion structure.

Hello everyone! I ended up going to the Beverly Hills location and they gave me an even exchange. I went for the same style but in empreinte version in the turtle dove color. It is surprisingly lightweight! Thanks for all your help ladies. They did recommend that I go for another bag because they said it will happen to them due to the accordion structure.
Thank you for letting us know the outcome. I had cracking issues and gave up on this bag after 3 times. It can happen on any bag that has to fold that top flap back for entry inside. I'm happy you got a new one you like.

May I ask- did you have to show a receipt? Mine is from 2016 and while it is not showing cracking or splitting of the canvas or glazing (yet anyway- I haven't used it much), the canvas does look shiney- as if it were deteriorating or melting. It is at the accordian folds so I just keep watching it. But it is a concern. I do still have my receipt and it is MIF.

May I ask- did you have to show a receipt? Mine is from 2016 and while it is not showing cracking or splitting of the canvas or glazing (yet anyway- I haven't used it much), the canvas does look shiney- as if it were deteriorating or melting. It is at the accordian folds so I just keep watching it. But it is a concern. I do still have my receipt and it is MIF.
I did not bring a receipt but they did look up my account to verify it was purchased by me. I think if it’s not on your account it would be wise to take the receipt.