Pochette Metis alternatives

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Hello!
I’ve been considering the pochette metis for casual outings, but I’m afraid it will look outdated in some years.
What are good alternatives?
Will a Speedy 25 be similar if worn crossbody?
I’m also open to vintage and discontinued styles.
No Epi leather considered.

Strictly my opinion, but the Pochette Metis is a bag I would never consider to become "outdated". It is a classic piece, and so popular it may become iconic in it's own right. I have loved LV since I was a teen and it's one of the reasons I consider the brand to be timeless. I received my 1st, a mono Noe when I graduated at 19 and I still have bags like the Multicolores, or Papillon that some may think of as outdated, but I still carry.

Hello!
I’ve been considering the pochette metis for casual outings, but I’m afraid it will look outdated in some years.
What are good alternatives?
Will a Speedy 25 be similar if worn crossbody?
I’m also open to vintage and discontinued styles.
No Epi leather considered.
It’s just a square bag with a flap, how can it look dated? That said, the speedy is LV’s classic bag.

I think the PM was released in 2018, is still highly coveted, despite its flaws. I don’t think this will ever look outdated.
The Pochette Metis was introduced in 2012. It probably won't be around forever, but the style is pretty classic. It's a great bag, aside from the annoying dividers. The Speedy 25 bandouliere is also great, but its flaw is the narrow zippered opening relative to the vacuous cavern inside.

Strictly my opinion, but the Pochette Metis is a bag I would never consider to become "outdated". It is a classic piece, and so popular it may become iconic in it's own right. I have loved LV since I was a teen and it's one of the reasons I consider the brand to be timeless. I received my 1st, a mono Noe when I graduated at 19 and I still have bags like the Multicolores, or Papillon that some may think of as outdated, but I still carry.
Agreed. In no way will the Pochette Metis become "outdated."