Pochette Metis a must have?

Sep 4, 2007
Hey all, hope everyone is staying safe and well.
Has anybody sold and re- bought the P.metis? I did own the P.metis in mono 3yrs ago but sold it after a year as I bought the noe bb as my go to cross body.
I would love to add a Reverse line to my collection and have been debating over the Cannes, Dauphine mm or the Backpack and the P.metis. The Cannes is beautiful but looks too much of a special occasion bag and the Dauphine line I love is pretty too but seems a bit too overpriced for both bags. I then saw the P.metis reverse available online which has been out of stock in ages so I ordered immediately.
Unfortunately now I am second guessing myself and called up to cancel but told it was already out for shipping but I can reject the parcel to get the refund. Not sure what to do.
Most likely be my last LV bag for awhile. I do dress mostly casual, t-shirt n jeans kind of girl.
My small LV family is a Speedy 25de, Noe BB mini, Neverfull mm mono, Alma BB epi and the Multi pochette bag.
Thanks in advance for any advice x

I think the PM would nicely complement your other bags given it’s a different style and shape. I never had PM on my radar until this year and have been very happy with mine! But if you are already hesitant then it may not be for you. Check it out when it arrives and see if you love it. If not return it. I do think the PM is probably more practical and spacious than the other two bags on your list. So many choices from LV - good luck!

Reactions: chubbyshopper
I considered getting it in either mono reverse or empreinte before. However, I got the Saint Laurent college bag instead. They are very similar in style (top handle with two separate compartments inside) and price but I like the YSL leather and quality more. Also, the removable chain strap is very nice. Good luck deciding!

I've bought and sold the PM a few times now! haha I go through times where I don't think I want it so sell it, then months later I miss it and want one again. I have it in Mono. I think the Dauphine and Cannes are overpriced, I think the Dauphine is a bit too dressy and the PM is more casual, comfortable and fits more..I do love it.

I do love my PM. it is in mono so it goes with everything and because of the top handle it can easily go from casual to dressy. It is quite an all rounder for me. Perfect size too-not too big, not too small.

since you are having second thought, perhaps this is not the right bag for you.

if you are looking for casual bag, I would suggest backpack mini. If you want a dressy bag, then Dauphine or the Twist

It is for me. I bought it the year it came out, sold due to faulty lock. Bought another about a year after that, sold due to cracking. Waited about 3 or 4 more years and bought a Emp Noir, then about 12 month later, also the reverse. I love the bag.
Wow... sounds like my relationship with men... lol! enjoy the bags! Like you finally I found a man to settle down with too... but still have non-comittal approach to bags and keep exploring....lol!

As another Mono Pochette Metis owner, I love the bag :heart:.... but it's not a "must have" for me.

Yes me too! I love my mono pochette metis. Love the way it completes a casual look. Love the compartments. Love the satchel look.

But my gut reaction on whether it was a must have was no - which is weird because I love this bag.

OP seems to have the must haves - neverfull and speedy (great collection). I think after having those staples, you are free to purchase what you like ! Maybe that means the PM in reverse :smile:

Reactions: Raaz