Pochette and Eva clutch, redundant?

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
I bought a pochette in damier ebene yesterday on a complete impulse to get my Damier NF a little more organised before my trip to Germany today... But I'm wondering, would it be just as good to use my Eva clutch in my NF? Or would that scratch up the plate on the Eva... Idk, thoughts? Do any of you have both? Do you use them for different purposes?

I use my mini pochette as a wallet for cash, coins and cards and attached to my Galliera PM. I have the Eva also but I wouldn't use it in the Galliera as I am afraid the Eva would scratch the velvet lining of the Galliera and Eva will end up having more scratches on the plate.
Also, I prefer using the mini pochette bcos of the small handy size.

designerdiva40 said:
Hi I have both the pochette & Eva & personally I think the Eva is too good to be hidden in my bag & the pochette is care free & won't get damaged in your bag. HTH

Ok, this is exactly the wave length I was on :smile: thanks!

I'd probably use the Eva, that way if you're invited out somewhere you also have a smaller bag to use instantly. It holds just as much, if not more than the pochette. Perhaps just have a go at putting some things in your Eva and pochette and see if there is a place for both of them?

As long as you don't have keys or anything that has a 'scratchy' surface I wouldn't think the Eva's plate will be at risk... the plate also from memory doesn't have edges that catch on things, so the lining of your bag should be okay too ;)

I think there's definitely a place for both! Maybe the Eva is a little too big to fit inside some bags comfortably along with everything else you carry, plus there's the plate to worry about, as you said.

I have both but use my pochette more because it's Ebene vs my mono Eva. I like the look of the Eva more but I like how user-friendly the pochette is... as in the pochette is more structured and the Eva is floppy since it doesn't have a seam at the bottom.

I read on this forum that someone put a clear film on the Eva plate to prevent scratches - you know that same film that people put on their iPhone screen? I don't have the Eva so I can't comment on how well it works but I thought it was a brilliant idea.

i have both, i don't think so i would never want to throw my eva in my NF, since my NF is by go to work horse that i don't care as much about as my other LV's so i tend to just throw it around and throw things in it, id never want my eva to say for example, get stuck under my laptop i just threw in my purse, eva is too pretty for that!!