Pochette Accessoires vs Toiletry 26

May 11, 2020
Hello! For my next purchase I’m debating between the pochette accessoires in mono and the toiletry 26. I like that both are multi-functional and can be used many different ways. I personally like the TP26 as a clutch and crossbody and would use either piece similarly. Which one do you recommend? Is the PA just a 90s comeback style piece at the moment? Or one that needs to be in my collection?

Thanks!

Reactions: waterina
I was snobbish 12-15 years back when I completely ignored the PA. I bought one last year and oh boy, I am still kicking myself for not getting it earlier when the price was so attractive back then. Anyway, I love using PA for quick errands, as it fits the phone and everything else.

I don’t own a TP26 but a TP19, which can’t be compared to. No regrets getting PA, the new model (NM) comes with longer shoulder strap compared to the old model. I’m not sure how TP26 can be used crossed body or even over the shoulder, seen straps attached to it but wouldn’t unzipping it would be troublesome?

Hello! For my next purchase I’m debating between the pochette accessoires in mono and the toiletry 26. I like that both are multi-functional and can be used many different ways. I personally like the TP26 as a clutch and crossbody and would use either piece similarly. Which one do you recommend? Is the PA just a 90s comeback style piece at the moment? Or one that needs to be in my collection?
Thanks!
I think the PA is more versatile. The toiletry pouch looks like a toiletry pouch (as it should) so I don't like it as a clutch and especially not as a crossbody. Just my two cents. However, the PA can be used either way and not come off as a toiletry item being used as a clutch or crossbody. I purchased a wrist strap (I don't like the strap that it comes with) and a crossbody strap for both my PAs when I bought them three years ago (DE/DA). They are my most used items in my collection.

The PA is very handy. I have the old model in mono and DA and bought non LV long and short straps for it so I can wear with short strap comfortably under my arm, or long strap cross body. I also just bought purse organisers for mine that have card slots so I don't need to carry a wallet. It can also be used as a pouch inside your big bags. I wouldn't mind getting a toiletry bag also but wouldn't use it as a clutch etc myself, whereas the PA definitely looks like a purse.

Reactions: asphan10 and keodi
I love my PA. I had one that was 15 yrs old that I paid like $250 for. Sold that recently for $200 on eBay after I bought the NM. I use the felicie chain for crossbody. On a side note, I was browsing fashionphile and the PAs are listed for $1,250. CRAZY!!! So follow the stalking thread and stalk that baby! GL!

Thanks!

I just bought the TP26 as a grab and go case for when I’m going between meetings so I don’t need to carry my handbag everywhere - it’s a super versatile piece. I don’t think the PA is a “comeback” piece, it’s a classic that surges in popularity occasionally but it’ll never go out of style. If you can, I would get both, if not I think it depends on what you’ll get the most use out of. If you want to buy something as a clutch, I’d say the PA is the best choice but if you want something bigger with more usability I’d go with the TP26.

I love my PA. I had one that was 15 yrs old that I paid like $250 for. Sold that recently for $200 on eBay after I bought the NM. I use the felicie chain for crossbody. On a side note, I was browsing fashionphile and the PAs are listed for $1,250. CRAZY!!! So follow the stalking thread and stalk that baby! GL!
Fashionphile is crazy. They are currently lowballing people worse than usual on offers to purchase your item, thinking you may be desperate in this environment and then marking up something 100% or more of current retail price. They are worse than any lux house that increased prices during a pandemic IMO.

Fashionphile is crazy. They are currently lowballing people worse than usual on offers to purchase your item, thinking you may be desperate in this environment and then marking up something 100% or more of current retail price. They are worse than any lux house that increased prices during a pandemic IMO.
I totally agree with you! They have multiple NEW PAs at that price. They must be following the stalking thread. Where is the price gouging police? :cursing: Sorry to go off topic, but I hope OP can find one at LV.

Thank you for asking the question as I have been debating getting a PA in mono also. I have an Eva clutch in DE I’ve only used a few times so I’ve debating selling it and getting the PA instead. I would want to order a cros body strap though as I don’t like the one that comes with it. I wondered if the PA was worth the price so I’m trying to do my research before I buy one also.

Reactions: chelsmcfarland
I just bought the TP26 today online (I just randomly refreshed the page and it was there). I bought it to stick in different slightly larger bags and move it around. But not as a clutch. I agree with the above. At FIRST I was intrigued about it as a clutch, and will probably hold it for when I walk out to grab something etc. But yea I would go PA if thinking for cross body. Good luck!