Pochette Accessoires NM or Toiletry Pouch 19 or Cosmetic Pouch PM???

YazlindaYazid

Feb 10, 2014
Malaysia
Hi,

Need help...I am having problems deciding on a cosmetic case.

After selling my Cosmetic Pouch GM coz i felt it was too big and taking too much space in my handbags.; I am now using my Pochette Accessoires NM as my cosmetic pouch.

Now I am thinking should I stick with the NM as I already have it in my collection or get either the Toiletry Pouch 19 or the Cosmetic pouch pm?

Appreciate the views and advice.

Last edited:

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I would definitely keep the pochette and maybe save for a TP 19! I have two small cosmetic pouches (pomme and black mc) but prefer the shape of the TP. I can fit more things inside, the zipper opens wider and it's sleek so it takes up less space in my bags.

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
I'm using the Pochette NM as a cosmetic case right now and loving it. It's slimmer and takes up less room than the wider bottom on the smaller cosmetic pouch. My things fit better inside it too. I can't weigh in on the TP 19 because I've never owned one. I'd stick with what you have if it's working.

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
I have the older style pochette, tp19 and two cosmetic pouches. Out of the 3 types I would say the tp19 is the best. I found that as mentioned before, the cosmetic pouches take up a lot of space because of their wide base but also as the tp is tall it can fit much more in. I use them as a catch all as I only wear make up when going out but for cosmetics I wouldn't use a pochette because the lining cannot be wiped clean.

Feb 22, 2009
LaLa Land
I have the pochette NM and it is not a cosmetics case for me. I carry it as a bag and I love it! I could not see using it for cosmetics. I vote for the TP 19....it is perfect for cosmetics!

arrival

Apr 10, 2012
London, United Kingdom
I have a Pochette NM, but I 'm not putting any cosmetic thing in, I don't want to mess it up the inside linen.

I have a TP 19, for make up, which
I love! Fits a lot, the opening is wide, looks beautiful! And the inside can be cleaned easily.

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have a Pochette NM, but I 'm not putting any cosmetic thing in, I don't want to mess it up the inside linen.

I have a TP 19, for make up, which
I love! Fits a lot, the opening is wide, looks beautiful! And the inside can be cleaned easily.

ITA- I would use your pochette in the meantime but definitely get the TP 19. You don't want to stain the interior of the pochette. It's a pain to get makeup and lip gloss marks out.

zeronohiya

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
I have the older style pochette, tp19 and two cosmetic pouches. Out of the 3 types I would say the tp19 is the best. I found that as mentioned before, the cosmetic pouches take up a lot of space because of their wide base but also as the tp is tall it can fit much more in. I use them as a catch all as I only wear make up when going out but for cosmetics I wouldn't use a pochette because the lining cannot be wiped clean.

+1.

No Ordinary Love

Oryx816

H-eureuse
Apr 30, 2014
I have the cosmetic pouch pm and I love it. I can fit a MAC compact, a chanel eyeshadow quad, mascara, lip and eye pencils, travel sized Laura Mercier brushes, lipstick and gloss without the zipper getting wonky. I suspect the TP19 may hold a bit more, but I simply prefer the rounded look of the cosmetic pouch pm.

I also have a pochette nm but I use it for a catch all for other miscellaneous things, or as a sleeve for chanel lambskin wallets. I never used it for cosmetics because I don't want to dirty the interior.

GL deciding!

spoiledka

Nov 12, 2013
I've had all three. The pochette NM is a great size but i wouldn't use it for cosmetics. I'm to scared to ruin the inside. I use it as a catch all in my bigger purses or i use it alone when going to the movies or out to dinner. I had the TP19 and while it holds a lot more then the cosmetic pm i didn't like the shape of it especially with things inside since it slimmer. I sold it and purchased the cosmetic pm and i love it. It holds a lot more then one would think. Good luck deciding.

LitGeek

Mar 3, 2013
The TP 19 is probably more functional. I adore my sweet little TP15 and it is perfect for the little amount of cosmetics I carry in my handbags!

My next purchase will be a cosmetic pouch in vernis, it is just so pretty :tender: I won't carry it often in my handbags though (I have the TP15 for that), so I won't mind that it will take up extra space. I will be using the cosmetic pouch at home and for travel mostly.

I guess it really comes down to how you plan on using it. All are lovely choices, I don't think you could choose wrong! I wouldn't use the pochette because of the lining. GLD!

calipursegal

Dec 17, 2010
Pochette NM. Because you can also use it as small purse so it's multi-purpose. I had all three and the only one I still own is the Pochette. You could use the others as a clutch, but the pochette NM is much more functional and versatile.

The only plus to the other two is the lining because you can wipe it out if you have a spill. It would actually be beneficial to have more than one, so I suggest keeping the pochette and adding the TP19 or cosmetic pouch. You can always find them pre-LVoed if you want to save $$.

Reactions: missconvy

theweimsmom

Jan 10, 2013
It is kind of across the board here with answers.

I have a TP19 and I agree with other, it is tall, sleek and holds a ton! I like certain products upright and you can't do this in a cosmetic pouch PM.

I have the Empreinte PM pouch and I use it for a gorgeous clutch or a catch all inside my bags, not so much cosmetics. Lipsticks and a compact but nothing that would spill.

I am not sure I would use the pochette NM for cosmetic bag full time, but maybe multifunction on vacation or a weekend trip. Use it to transport but once you are there, use it as a bag/clutch for day or evening?

HTH!