"PM me for SA details and why"

My SA's have never requested I post anything on here; any sharing on the Authentic Finds thread which has been around for quite some time, is supposed to be offered in a generous spirit. I am relaying my experience as it happened, which yes, will make some of us rethink how we post information. We are trying to help other TPF'ers while also trying to honor the SA who shares the find. There is nothing wrong with that.

Whether it's an email blast or pics posted here, it's all sharing of information. I am certainly not alone in sharing pics on the thread etc; I notice that you have also posted a few times on there too, along with a comment for 'serious buyers only, please do not waste my SA's time'. My understanding of Chanel not allowing pics, is Chanel's desire to stop reselling of their product and TPF doesn't allow that either.

I too have worked commission sales for nearly 20 years and part of why I posted this is many don't know how it works. It's also fair to say it's inevitable we form friendships with our SA's.

I don't think any of us are looking for 'a way around' anything. As you said yourself, you have found some great info here. That's all it is.

I can see both sides, I actually found my favorite SA on tpf.

I think the biggest problem here is that your SA shared her "disappointment" with the situation which led to this very thread. I never want to feel pity because of my SAs sales performances. While I have friendships of many years with some of my SAs I think that there is still a business relationship that should exist. SAs should not rely on TPF posts for a sale, I think this is truly "extra"

At the end of the day I just really wish that these big brands like Chanel, LV, Etc. Worked on a group commission or salary. There would be far less sticky situations like this and I believe their would be better customer service.

I can see both sides, I actually found my favorite SA on tpf.

I think the biggest problem here is that your SA shared her "disappointment" with the situation which led to this very thread. I never want to feel pity because of my SAs sales performances. While I have friendships of many years with some of my SAs I think that there is still a business relationship that should exist. SAs should not rely on TPF posts for a sale, I think this is truly "extra"

At the end of the day I just really wish that these big brands like Chanel, LV, Etc. Worked on a group commission or salary. There would be far less sticky situations like this and I believe their would be better customer service.

Yes and I know Hermes does that sometimes.

For the record, my SA didn't 'share' her disappointment. I was standing there when the TPFer called in ( one whom has looked for several items and had some help before). The thing that let to this thread was that some people don't understand or care why we ask them to use our SA. When you have worked in commission sales as I have, you are more sensitive to how it all works. While my SA's have always been completely professional, I know they aren't going to get the sale when this stuff happens. And ultimately I felt badly.

The SA's do not rely on TPF for sales, but they do rely on their loyal customers. If you or anyone else doesn't feel inclined to be loyal to the SA who shares the info, that is your right entirely. And as I said, this thread was devoted to a incident involving a find in high demand which is different than the everyday posts.

This is supposed to be a fun way to find bags. I was doing a good thing by sharing the find. Let's try to make it so this continues for all of us.

Reactions: Arlene619
Yes and I know Hermes does that sometimes.

For the record, my SA didn't 'share' her disappointment. I was standing there when the TPFer called in ( one whom has looked for several items and had some help before). The thing that let to this thread was that some people don't understand or care why we ask them to use our SA. When you have worked in commission sales as I have, you are more sensitive to how it all works. While my SA's have always been completely professional, I know they aren't going to get the sale when this stuff happens. And ultimately I felt badly.

The SA's do not rely on TPF for sales, but they do rely on their loyal customers. If you or anyone else doesn't feel inclined to be loyal to the SA who shares the info, that is your right entirely. And as I said, this thread was devoted to a incident involving a find in high demand which is different than the everyday posts.

This is supposed to be a fun way to find bags. I was doing a good thing by sharing the find. Let's try to make it so this continues for all of us.

It would probably behoove the buyer too to go with the SA who has the item in hand, since if you randomly called another SA they would probably have no idea, if it was a hard to find piece in high demand.