PM in Empreinte - what are your thoughts on Empreinte leather?

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
For those of you that own any bags in Empreinte leather, what are your thoughts on this type of leather in general? I have heard that the speedy's in Empreinte tend to sag after awhile. Do you feel that it scratches easily? Does the embossing flatten over time? Is it a very durable leather? I have only had experience with canvas but was interested in trying out something in leather. I'm torn between purchasing a mono PM or Empreinte PM in noir. But I really want a leather crossbody! I need hands free since I'm a mom. I don't have it in my budget to buy bags very often so I don't want to make the wrong decision. Help please! Thanks in advance!

I love empreinte bags and SLGs, the leather is lovely and very durable. I purchased an NM Speedy 25 4 months ago and it doesn't sag. I think the OM was more prone to softening up, but the extra layer of the external front pocket and mix of smooth/embossed leather will help it to maintain its shape I think. Even when empty it still looks structured. I find empreinte absolutely fine in rainy weather too. Before I fell in love with LV I was into Mulberry bags, and they needed saturating in waterstop protection, so I find empreinte much lower maintenance and more care free. With the longevity of the embossing I think the most important thing is to make sure the item has good embossing at purchase (depth can vary). The PM looks quite structured so the embossing shouldn't flatten as much as slouchy styles would. I love the look of the PM too, I'm trying to decide between the pm or a speedy 20 as my next purchase, but if I do go for the pm it will definitely be the empreinte because I love the leather and I've heard of so many issues with the canvas version.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
it's nice. i've had my twice for about a year and it has held up well with a lot of use. the embossing has not flattened, but the edges have softened and lost some luster, they have smoothed over. the leather feels durable compared to say chanel lambskin, it feels to me more like dior's cannage leather, it's thicker. it's quite soft immediately when you get it and molds to you where you wear it, so it softens most where it hits. my twice hasn't lost it's shape, but it's smaller than the pm, so sagging isn't an issue. like any leather i do notice that if you put too much inside it stretches and my twice has lost it's flatness a bit. one you overstuff the leather it won't go back to it's nice shape, so i'd be cautious of that. i also have an slg in empreinte and it has held up very well, it seems even more durable, perhaps because it's not getting use like a bag does.

I love empreinte bags and SLGs, the leather is lovely and very durable. I purchased an NM Speedy 25 4 months ago and it doesn't sag. I think the OM was more prone to softening up, but the extra layer of the external front pocket and mix of smooth/embossed leather will help it to maintain its shape I think. Even when empty it still looks structured. I find empreinte absolutely fine in rainy weather too. Before I fell in love with LV I was into Mulberry bags, and they needed saturating in waterstop protection, so I find empreinte much lower maintenance and more care free. With the longevity of the embossing I think the most important thing is to make sure the item has good embossing at purchase (depth can vary). The PM looks quite structured so the embossing shouldn't flatten as much as slouchy styles would. I love the look of the PM too, I'm trying to decide between the pm or a speedy 20 as my next purchase, but if I do go for the pm it will definitely be the empreinte because I love the leather and I've heard of so many issues with the canvas version.
Thank you! That is great to hear that the leather is durable. I was hoping that it will last long enough since it will become more of a daily bag for me. I'm next on the waitlist for the noir PM at the LV location closest to me. Fingers crossed that it will have the deep embossing! My friend has the noir one and hers looks good.

it's nice. i've had my twice for about a year and it has held up well with a lot of use. the embossing has not flattened, but the edges have softened and lost some luster, they have smoothed over. the leather feels durable compared to say chanel lambskin, it feels to me more like dior's cannage leather, it's thicker. it's quite soft immediately when you get it and molds to you where you wear it, so it softens most where it hits. my twice hasn't lost it's shape, but it's smaller than the pm, so sagging isn't an issue. like any leather i do notice that if you put too much inside it stretches and my twice has lost it's flatness a bit. one you overstuff the leather it won't go back to it's nice shape, so i'd be cautious of that. i also have an slg in empreinte and it has held up very well, it seems even more durable, perhaps because it's not getting use like a bag does.
Thank you for the detailed explanation! That's a great tip on not overstuffing it. I don't think I carry a lot around with me. Usually I just have my phone, keys, zippy multicartes, and I usually just bring a very little pouch with first aid stuff for my son. But I think it should all fit.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I have the Spontini in empriente and I can't fault the leather. Like someone else has mentioned I have had Mulberry's that you need to really be careful with. My spontini has been wet, even had chocolate frappachino spilt on it wipes away looks good as new, and it is the light colour Mastic! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another empriente bag in fact a Speedy 25 will prob be my next purchase. Good luck deciding what to get.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I have the Spontini in empriente and I can't fault the leather. Like someone else has mentioned I have had Mulberry's that you need to really be careful with. My spontini has been wet, even had chocolate frappachino spilt on it wipes away looks good as new, and it is the light colour Mastic! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another empriente bag in fact a Speedy 25 will prob be my next purchase. Good luck deciding what to get.
Wow, that is great to hear that it did not hold the stain and especially in such a light color! I have been so torn lately because I was so set on getting getting the PM either in mono or Empreinte, but I tried on a gorgeous Chanel cross body flap bag in calfskin leather over the weekend so I have been going back and forth on both bags. They are so similar in size but I was worried about the wear on the Chanel bag since the leather was so soft. But it sounds like the Empreinte leather is more durable. Thank you for your input!!

I have the Montaigne gm i empreinte noir. I just ADORE the leather!! It doesn't scratch, doesn't stain and is very durable. It also looks very exclusive and expensive. My bag has now started to soften up a bit, which only makes the bag look even better!
Now I can't wait to buy the pochette metis in this leather!!!

I have the Montaigne gm i empreinte noir. I just ADORE the leather!! It doesn't scratch, doesn't stain and is very durable. It also looks very exclusive and expensive. My bag has now started to soften up a bit, which only makes the bag look even better!
Now I can't wait to buy the pochette metis in this leather!!!
That's great! Glad you are loving your bag! Thanks for your input!